Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
By MERCK LIMITED
100ml Syrup in Bottle
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100 ml syrup is a combination medicine used to cure dry cough. It helps with sneezing, runny nose, throat discomfort, stuffy nose, watery eyes, and congestion. Cosome Lcd Syrup contains codeine and chlorpheniramine maleate. The mode of action of Cosome Lcd Syrup is through the combined effect of these two components. Maleate of chlorpheniramine is the antiallergic component of this medicine, which prevents the function of a chemical signal or histamine that might cause cough in people with allergies. Codeine is a cough reliever. It suppresses coughing by lowering the activity of the cough centre in the brain. Common side effects of Cosome Lcd Syrup include nausea, vomiting, constipation and dizziness. Persons with liver or kidney illnesses should notify their doctor before consuming this syrup so an appropriate dose can be recommended. Directions for use of Cosome Lcd Syrup should be strictly followed. Dose and duration of treatment will depend on the affected person's medical condition. Cosome Lcd Syrup may react if taken with some other medicines. Never self-medicate. While using this medication, it is essential to drink enough water....
|You Save||₹16.20 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Codeine(10.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(4.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, Constipation, Vomiting, Lightheadedness, Sleepiness, Breathlessness, Dizziness, Sweating|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Codeine(10.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(4.0 Mg)
Uses of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- As per CDSCO, Cosome Lcd Syrup is used to treat dry cough.
Contraindications of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Cosome Lcd Syrup is not to be taken or taken with caution:
- If you are allergic to any components of Cosome Lcd Syrup.
- If you have a history of drug abuse.
- If you have depression.
Side effects of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Precautions and Warnings of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Can I take Cosome Lcd Syrup during pregnancy?
Using Cosome Lcd Syrup during pregnancy might be dangerous. Animal research has shown adverse effects on the growing foetus. The doctor will consider the advantages and possible negative effects of this medicine before prescribing it to you. Please consult a doctor.
Can I take Cosome Lcd Syrup while breastfeeding?
Using Cosome Lcd Syrup during nursing is probably safe. Based on limited human research, the medicine appears to cause no significant harm to the infant. However, higher dosages, or if taken for a long duration, may induce tiredness and other side effects in the child.
Can I drive if I have taken Cosome Lcd Syrup?
Side effects of Cosome Lcd Syrup might impair your ability to drive. Blurred vision, dizziness, or the inability to think appropriately are possible side effects of this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cosome Lcd Syrup?
Avoid alcohol consumption with Cosome Lcd Syrup since it may cause drowsiness. Consult a doctor if you wish to consume alcohol while using this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma or a record of stomach ulcers.
- You have had a cough for more than seven days and have not felt any relief despite taking the medicine. If your condition does not improve in seven days, see a doctor.
- You have end-stage kidney disease. Using this medicine might produce excessive drowsiness.
- You have glaucoma, urinary issues, cough with mucus, enlarged prostate, chronic bronchitis or emphysema, or a lung ailment producing shortness of breath.
- You smoke.
- You must not use this medicine to put a child to sleep.
Mode of Action of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
Cosome Lcd Syrup is a mixture of two medicines that treat dry cough: codeine and chlorpheniramine maleate. Maleate of chlorpheniramine is the antiallergic component of this medicine, which prevents the function of a chemical signal or histamine that might cause cough in people with allergies. Codeine is a cough reliever. It suppresses coughing by lowering the activity of the cough centre in the brain....
Directions for Use of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Cosome Lcd Syrup is available in liquid form.
- Read the label instructions carefully. If there is anything you can't understand, clarify with your pharmacist or doctor.
- Strictly follow the directions given on the Cosome Lcd Syrup bottle.
- Do not consume more or less of it, or take it more frequently than your doctor has suggested.
- Check with a doctor if you're administering Cosome Lcd Syrup to an infant or older person.
Interactions of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Cosome Lcd Syrup should not be used with certain medicines as this may cause severe side effects to the person consuming it. These medicines include:
- Antiallergic medications like diphenhydramine
- Painkillers like aspirin
- Antipsychotic medicines like desvenlafaxine, escitalopram, and vilazodone
- Antibiotics like amoxicillin
- Cold medicines like acetaminophen
- Antidepressants like linezolid, rasagiline, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline, and tranylcypromine
- Beta-blockers like metoprolol and atenolol
- Muscle relaxants like carisoprodol and cyclobenzaprine
Interactions with food items
- There is no known significant interaction between Cosome Lcd Syrup and food. Therefore, you may take Cosome Lcd Syrup with or without food. Please follow your doctor's prescription.
Storage and disposal of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Store Coscome Lcd Syrup in its original packaging and out of reach of kids and pets. Keep it at room temperature, free from moisture and heat.
Dosage of Cosome Lcd Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
In the instance of a Coscome Lcd Syrup overdose, visit your nearby hospital. Contact emergency if the affected person has passed out, had a seizure, has problems breathing, or is not waking up.
Missed a Dose
Consume Cosome Lcd Syrup only when necessary. If your doctor directs you to take the syrup regularly, remember to take the missed dosage as early as possible. However, if the time for the next dosage is near, ignore the missed dose and return to your regular dosing plan. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Cosome Lcd Syrup cause sleepiness or tiredness?
A: Yes. Cosome Lcd Syrup has the potential to make you tired or exhausted. Unless you know how the medication affects you, avoid driving a vehicle, using machinery, working at heights, or engaging in potentially risky activities. Inform the doctor if you have any of these symptoms while taking this medication.
Q: Is there a risk of significant adverse effects from using Cosome Lcd Syrup?
A: No. Cosome Lcd Syrup has a low risk of severe adverse effects. However, if you have skin rash or peeling, allergic reactions, oral ulcers, breathing issues, unexpected bleeding, persistent fevers or infections, visual changes, or a rapid or irregular heartbeat, contact your doctor right away.
Q: Will taking a higher dose of Cosome Lcd Syrup make it more effective?
A: No. Taking a more significant dose than what is suggested may not improve your condition; instead, it may raise your risk of significant side effects and toxicity. Visit your doctor if the recommended dose does not cure your symptoms while taking this prescription.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.