By DWD PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Coliza Tablet is an anti-spasmodic medicine used for the treatment of spasms and pain in the abdomen during or before menses. It is a combination medicine containing dicyclomine and mefenamic acid as its active ingredients. This tablet should not be used for more than 7 days if the pain persists consult your doctor. It preferably should be taken with food or after food. Coliza Tablets should not be given to children below 12 years of age....
|You Save||₹6.66 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg),Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Muscle cramps, stomach cramps, period pains, etc.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg) + Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Coliza Tablet
Uses of Coliza Tablet
Coliza Tablet is used for relieving stomach cramps and painful menstruation (Dysmenorrhea)
Contraindications of Coliza Tablet
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, dicyclomine or any other ingredients of the Coliza Tablet.
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, bleeding in your stomach and intestines or obstruction in the intestine.
- If you have severe liver, kidney or heart function problems.
- If you have experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have a problem in passing urine or obstruction or blockage in the bladder and kidney.
- If you a condition of weakness in muscles (Myasthenia gravis).
- If you have an eye condition of increased eye pressure (Glaucoma).
- This Tablet should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- It should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Coliza Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Coliza Tablet
Can I take Coliza Tablet during pregnancy?
Coliza Tablet should not be used in a pregnant woman as it can cause abnormalities in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and can increase bleeding tendency in both mother and child if used during labour.
Can I take Coliza Tablet while breastfeeding?
You can take Coliza Tablet while breastfeeding as it is usually safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed Coliza Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking Coliza. Be cautious while driving or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Coliza Tablet?
Though there is no direct interaction of Coliza Tablet with alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consume alcohol along.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma and lung and throat-related disorders.
- You may experience fluid retention and high blood pressure. It should be used cautiously in patients with existing conditions.
- You are suffering from autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body.
- You experience diarrhoea, skin reactions or raised body temperature after taking this Tablet.
- You have existing liver and kidney function problems or bleeding disorders of the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from fits, epilepsy and seizures.
- You have a prostate-related disorder, ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease) and megacolon (abnormal dilation of the colon).
- Women can experience infertility with the use of this medicine and women who are trying to conceive should also avoid this medicine.
- You experience some brain-related disorders like confusion, hallucinations, tiredness or aggression.
- There is a risk of heart-related disorder, heart failure and stroke after prolonged use of this medicine. It should be used cautiously in patients with the risk of heart disorder.
- Coliza Tablet should not be used in infants or children below 6 months of age.
Mode of Action of Coliza Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Mefenamic acid works by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the production of prostaglandins responsible for the pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Dicyclomine acts on smooth muscles of bile duct, uterus, intestine and aids in relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Coliza Tablet
- Coliza Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Coliza Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution as there are chances of increased bleeding upon longterm use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine if taken along with this Tablet lead to low blood glucose.
- Coliza Tablet should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with this Tablet.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium if taken along with this Tablet can lead to toxicity of these medicines.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Chloramphenicol, Zidovudine and medicines to treat glaucoma should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may recommend for you to take Coliza Tablet with or after having your meals.
Storage and disposal of Coliza Tablet
- Store Coliza Tablet below 25°C
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines
- Discard unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain
Dosage of Coliza Tablet
An overdose of Coliza may cause nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, excitation, coma, drowsiness, ringing sound in the ears, fainting, occasionally fits or convulsions. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can we take Coliza Tablet in an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine with food or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: What does Coliza Tablet contain?
A: Coliza Tablets contain a combination of dicyclomine and mefenamic acid. It is used to relieve menstrual pain and cramps and is also helpful for treating stomach cramps.
Q: When should you not take Coliza?
A: You should not take this medicine if you have existing liver and kidney function problems or bleeding disorders of the stomach or intestine. Dose adjustment of Coliza Tablet may be needed in such medical conditions.
Q: How long can we take Coliza?
A: Usually, Coliza is taken as per the need. However, it is advised to take this medicine in the exact dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. Overdosing of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears, etc. Do not exceed the prescribed dose and duration.
Q: Does Coliza have any side effects?
A: Nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating, stomach pain, dizziness, dry mouth, etc. are a few common side effects that can be seen sometimes after taking this medicine. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, everyone doesn't have to experience the same.
- Bentyl Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Meftal Spas DS Tablet [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.