Cof Q Tablet
Cof Q tablet is used to treat symptoms like the common cold, wet cough, fever, headache, sneezing and runny nose. It contains paracetamol, chlorpheniramine, phenylephrine, bromhexine and guaifenesin as its active ingredients. Cof Q tablet has side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. Contact your doctor if any of the above side effects worsen.
Cof Q tablet should not be used for children under 12 years of age. Pregnant and lactating women should not use this medicine without consulting a doctor. This medicine should be used under medical supervision and in the correct doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹5.53 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Bromhexine(8.0 Mg) + Phenylephrine(10.0 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(100.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(450.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, dehydration, nausea, dry mouth|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of COF Q TABLET
Contraindications of COF Q TABLET
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, chlorpheniramine, phenylephrine, bromhexine, guaifenesin, or any of the ingredients of the Cof Q tablet.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure.
Side effects of COF Q TABLET
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of COF Q TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You are taking any other medicine that contains similar active ingredients.
- You have any pre-existing medical conditions such as liver/kidney-related disease, heart problem, thyroid disorders, high blood pressure, fits/seizures, etc.
- You are using any psychiatric medicines or medicines for brain disorders.
- You are suffering from an eye condition of increased pressure inside your eyes called closed-angle glaucoma.
Directions for Use of COF Q TABLET
- Take Cof Q tablet as a whole with a glass of water or as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not chew, crush, or break the medicine.
- Do not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of COF Q TABLET
- Store Cof Q tablets in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of COF Q TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of COF Q TABLET
How Does It Work?
- Cof Q tablet works by the combined action of all its components - paracetamol, chlorpheniramine, phenylephrine, bromhexine, and guaifenesin.
- Paracetamol belongs to the class of medicines called analgesics and antipyretics. Paracetamol works by inhibiting the release of certain chemicals called prostaglandins responsible for pain and increased body temperature in the body....
- Chlorpheniramine belongs to the class of medicines called antihistamines. It controls the symptoms of allergy or cold-like itchiness, runny nose, and sneezing by blocking the release of certain chemicals called histamines within the body....
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor. It shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves nose blockage.
- Guaifenesin belongs to the class of medicines called expectorants. It works by thinning the phlegm/mucus in the throat thus relieving symptoms of cough. Bromhexine belongs to the class of medicines called mucolytics. It works by reducing the thickness of mucous and enabling it to be expulsed out by cough....
Interactions of COF Q TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may alter the way Cof Q tablet works or the medicine can itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking to avoid any interactions.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat blood clots, other painkiller medications, water pills, medicines used to treat high blood pressure, antidiabetics, heart-related medicine, and anti-sickness medicines like metoclopramide or domperidone....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Cof Q tablet contain?
Q: What are the uses of Cof Q tablets?
Q: What are the symptoms of a common cold?
Q: Will common cold have a loss of smell?
Q: Can Cof Q tablet be used in children?
Q: Can I take Cof Q tablet for dry cough?
- Bromhexine 8 mg-Phenylephrine hydrochloride-PENTADRYL-P [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Drugs H. Phenylephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Drugs H. Guaifenesin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Paracetamol 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Drugs H. Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]