Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup Description
Codistar-DX cough syrup is used for temporary relief of cough due to throat irritation, sneezing & running nose. It contains chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as active ingredients. Chlorpheniram
ne is an antiallergic medicine, whereas dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. Codistar cough syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Shake the Codistar DX bottle well, before each use. The common side effects of this medicine are drowsiness, sleepiness, upset stomach, dizziness. These are mostly for the short term and fade quickly with time. You should avoid taking the Codistar DX cough syrup along with medicines used to treat your psychiatric illness, as it may worsen your condition. Inform your doctor about all the past medical and medication history before starting the treatment with this medicine.
|You Save||₹13.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(4.0 Mg/5ml) + Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Uses||Common cold and cough|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dizziness, upset stomach, headache, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
Contraindications of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
- If you are allergic to Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan or any other components of this Codistar syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent day time sleepiness).
- You should not take Codistar-DX cough syrup with or at least two weeks after the treatment with any medicine from class monoamine oxidase inhibitors. An example of such medicine is Phenelzine, Selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease). In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Codistar-DX cough syrup....
Side effects of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
- Upset stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You have a cough for a long duration with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema, or smoking)
- You have eye problem like glaucoma (increase pressure in the eye)
- You have difficulty in urination and frequent urge to go to urination (enlarged prostate)
- You have problems with your heart and liver
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure, and fits
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness, so be cautious while giving this syrup to children
- Older people should be cautious while using Codistar-DX cough syrup as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination difficulties with this syrup
- It is not recommended to use this syrup in children below 2 years of age.
- You need to stop using this syrup and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious ailment....
Mode of Action of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like Histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies, such as sneezing or runny nose. Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold....
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre), which, when activated, produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing.
Directions for Use of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
- Take Codistar-DX cough syrup as per doctor's prescription
- Shake well before the use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours
Interactions of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Codistar-DX cough syrup should not be taken with a medicine called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) because it produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In the case of serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness), and sweating. In such a situation, patients should rush to a nearby hospital....
- Codistar-DX cough syrup should be used cautiously with other medicines like Codeine, Hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness. Alcohol, Marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem, etc.), muscle-relaxing medicines ( Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine), other antihistaminic medicines (Cetrizine, Diphenhydramine, etc.) should be consumed with caution....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
- Store Codistar-DX cough syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place
- Please protect it from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets
Dosage of Codistar Dx Bottle Of 100ml Cough Syrup
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Codistar-DX cough syrup if I am having a prostate problem?
- Patients suffering from prostate problems (benign prostatic hyperplasia) have symptoms like difficulty passing urine, frequent urge to go to for urination, and dribbling of urine. This medicine contains a medicine named Chlorpheniramine, which produces urine retention as a side effect. Therefore, taking this syrup with a prostate problem will worsen the condition. So it is advisable to talk to your doctor about your problem before using it....
Q: Can I use Codistar-DX cough syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
Q: Can Codistar-DX cough syrup be used in children?
Q: How long does it take for Codistar-DX cough syrup to show its action?
Q: Can I take Codistar-DX cough syrup if I have an eye problem?
Q: What is the composition of Codistar Dx syrup?
Q: Can Codistar Dx syrup be given to children?
Q: Does Codistar-DX Cough syrup cause sleepiness or drowsiness?
Q: Does Codistar DX have codeine?
Q: What is the dose of Codistar Dx syrup for adults?
Q: What is the dose of Codistar for a child?
- Pfizer. Corex D Syrup [Internet]. Pfizerpro.com [cited 5 April 2022]
- DailyMed - Children's Accudial [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- COREX Dx Cough Syrup (Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide) [Internet]. Labeling.pfizer.com. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]