Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup Description
Alkof Dx Syrup provides temporary relief from the dry cough caused by throat irritation and allergic symptoms such as sneezing and a running nose. It contains chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as
its active components. It is an anti-allergic and cough suppressant. Take Alkof Dx Syrup as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You can take Alkof Dx Syrup with or without food. Shake the bottle well before each use. Before starting the treatment with Alkof Dx, inform your doctor about all your past medical and medicinal history.
|You Save||₹36.00 (30% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine Maleate(4.0 Mg) + Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, tiredness, drowsiness, sleepiness, upset stomach|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Chlorpheniramine Maleate(4.0 Mg) + Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Alkof Dx Syrup gives short-term relief from sneezing, cough or runny nose due to minor throat and airway irritation, which occurs during common cold and other respiratory allergies.
Contraindications of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan or any other components of Alkof Dx syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent daytime sleepiness).
- You should not take Alkof Dx Syrup with or at least two weeks after the treatment with any medicine from class monoamine oxidase inhibitors. An example of such medicine is Phenelzine, Selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease). In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Alkof Dx Syrup....
Side effects of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Upset stomach
- Blurring of vision
Precautions and Warnings of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Can I take Alkof Dx Syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Alkof Dx Syrup in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this cough syrup during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant. This syrup should be used only if it is needed and the advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I take Alkof Dx Syrup while breastfeeding?
There is no safety information about the effects of Alkof Dx Syrup during breastfeeding. Thus, it is unknown if Alkof Dx Syrup passes into human milk. You should consult your doctor before using this cough syrup during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alkof Dx Syrup?
Alkof Dx Syrup produces blurring of vision and drowsiness as side effects. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Alkof Dx Syrup?
Alkof Dx Syrup may produce drowsiness or sleepiness as a side effect, so if you consume it along with alcohol, it may exaggerate the drowsiness or sleepiness. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this cough syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a cough for a long duration with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have an eye problem like glaucoma (increase pressure in the eye).
- You have difficulty in urination and a frequent urge to go for urination (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness, so be cautious while giving this syrup to children.
- Older people should be cautious while using Alkof Dx Syrup as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination difficulties with this syrup.
- It is not recommended to use this syrup in children below 2 years of age.
- You need to stop using this syrup and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious ailment....
Mode of Action of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like Histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies, such as sneezing or runny nose. Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold....
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre), when activated, produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus help in relieving the coughing.
Directions for Use of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take Alkof Dx Syrup as per doctor's prescription.
- Shake well before use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Alkof Dx Syrup should not be taken with a medicine called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) because it produces a condition called serotonin syndrome, which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In the case of serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness) and sweating. In such a situation, patients should rush to a nearby hospital....
- Alkof Dx Syrup should be used cautiously with other medicines like Codeine, Hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness. Alcohol, Marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem, etc.), muscle-relaxing medicines ( Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine), other antihistaminic medicines (Cetrizine, Diphenhydramine, etc.) should be consumed with caution....
Interactions with food items
Do not consume grapefruit juice or any other products which might have grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Store Alkof Dx Syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Please protect it from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Alkof Dx Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
An overdose of Alkof Dx Syrup may cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeats, confusion, hallucination, nervousness, seizures, fits and difficulty in releasing urine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive quantity of this syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Alkof Dx Syrup may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Alkof Dx Syrup if I am having a prostate problem?
A: Patients suffering from prostate problems (benign prostatic hyperplasia) have symptoms like difficulty passing urine, frequent urge to go for urination and dribbling of urine. This medicine contains a medicine named Chlorpheniramine, which produces urine retention as a side effect. Therefore, taking this syrup with a prostate problem will worsen the condition. So it is advisable to talk to your doctor about your problem before using it.
Q: Can I use Alkof Dx Syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
A: No, you should not use Alkof Dx Syrup if you are taking medicines for mental illness.
Q: Can Alkof Dx Syrup be used in children?
A: Alkof Dx Syrup should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Please refrain from using any medicines for your children without consulting a child specialist.
Q: Can I take Alkof Dx Syrup if I have an eye problem?
A: Alkof Dx Syrup contains Chlorpheniramine, which increases the pressure in the eye and thus decreases the effectiveness of glaucoma medicines. So it is always advisable to talk to your doctor about your eye problem before using this syrup.
Q: Is Alkof syrup good for dry cough?
A: Yes, it can be used for dry cough. However, it is important to consult the doctor before using this medicine.
Q: How long does it take for Alkof syrup to act?
A: It can start showing its action approximately after 2 hours of consumption. However, it varies among individuals depending on their physiological nature.
Q: How does Alkof Syrup work?
- Natural substances like histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies, such as sneezing or runny nose. Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold....
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre), when activated, produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helping in relieving the coughing.
- Alkof Dx syrup works effectively by the combined action of these two active ingredients.
Q: What is the composition of Alkof Dx syrup?
A: Alkof Dx syrup composition consists of chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan which belongs to an antiallergic and cough suppressant class of medicines respectively.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed