Closalve F Cream
Closalve F Cream Description
Closalve F Cream contains a combination of clobetasol and fusidic acid. It is used in treating skin infections caused by microorganisms like bacteria. Closalve F is not effective against fungal and v
iral infections. Do not use this medicine to treat any other skin conditions than that prescribed by your doctor. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Clonate F Cream 20gmBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp20g Cream in TubeMRP 365.00₹ 310.25₹ 15.51/Gram
- Tezcort F CreamBy Glowderma Lab Pvt Ltd10g Cream in TubeMRP 133.00₹ 118.38₹ 11.84/Gram
Uses of Closalve F Cream
Contraindications of Closalve F Cream
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, fusidic acid or any other ingredients of Closalve F Cream.
- If you have acne or an infection on your face, around your mouth or private parts.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- If you have an untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
Side effects of Closalve F Cream
Precautions and Warnings of Closalve F Cream
Other General Warnings
- You have had an allergic reaction to any steroids.
- You develop infection or superinfection after using Closalve F Cream.
- You are applying this medicine on a cut or broken skin, acne or on a larger skin area.
- You should avoid getting any Cream into your eyes, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits and private parts. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using this medicine.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (Cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Closalve F Cream must not be used for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
Mode of Action of Closalve F Cream
How Does It Work?
- Closalve F Cream works by the combined action of both its components - Clobetasol and Fusidic acid.
- Clobetasol is a steroid, which works by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body (prostaglandins) which cause itching, swelling and redness.
- Fusidic acid is an antibiotic and it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
Directions for Use of Closalve F Cream
- Closalve F Cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Closalve F Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Closalve F Cream is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied Creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or Cream....
- Closalve F Cream should be used with caution along with ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections), as it may increase the risk of having side effects.
Storage and disposal of Closalve F Cream
- Store Closalve F Cream in the original packaging in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Closalve F Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Closalve F Cream be used to treat fungal infections?
Q: Can I stop using Closalve F Cream if I feel my symptoms are getting better?
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Fusidic Acid cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Fusidic Acid cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]