Closalve F Cream
By SALVE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Closalve F Cream contains a combination of clobetasol and fusidic acid. It is used in treating skin infections caused by microorganisms like bacteria. Closalve F is not effective against fungal and viral infections. Do not use this medicine to treat any other skin conditions than that prescribed by your doctor. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor....
|You Save||₹24.21 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %),Fusidic Acid(2.0 %)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infections|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, rash, dryness of the skin|
|Classification||TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Clobetasol(0.05 %) + Fusidic Acid(2.0 %)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Closalve F Cream
Uses of Closalve F Cream
Closalve F Cream is used for the treatment of skin inflammation (eczema, dermatitis) and infections caused due to bacteria.
Contraindications of Closalve F Cream
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, fusidic acid or any other ingredients of Closalve F Cream.
- If you have acne or an infection on your face, around your mouth or private parts.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- If you have an untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
Side effects of Closalve F Cream
Burning sensation, itching, irritation, rash, dryness, redness of skin at the area Closalve F Cream is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Closalve F Cream
Can I apply Closalve F Cream during pregnancy?
Closalve F Cream should be used only under medical recommendation as there is limited safety information available. In case you are prescribed this medicine, avoid using it on larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Closalve F Cream while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Closalve F Cream in a breastfeeding woman. However, caution should be exercised while using this medicine and you should avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Closalve F Cream?
Closalve F Cream is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Closalve F Cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Closalve F Cream. However, alcohol is known to worsen infection and inflammation; it's better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have had an allergic reaction to any steroids.
- You develop infection or superinfection after using Closalve F Cream.
- You are applying this medicine on a cut or broken skin, acne or on a larger skin area.
- You should avoid getting any Cream into your eyes, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits and private parts. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using this medicine.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (Cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Closalve F Cream must not be used for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
Mode of Action of Closalve F Cream
How Does It Work?
- Closalve F Cream works by the combined action of both its components - Clobetasol and Fusidic acid.
- Clobetasol is a steroid, which works by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body (prostaglandins) which cause itching, swelling and redness.
- Fusidic acid is an antibiotic and it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
Directions for Use of Closalve F Cream
- Closalve F Cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Closalve F Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Closalve F Cream is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied Creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or Cream....
- Closalve F Cream should be used with caution along with ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections), as it may increase the risk of having side effects.
Storage and disposal of Closalve F Cream
- Store Closalve F Cream in the original packaging in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Closalve F Cream
As Closalve F Cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, excessive use of this medicine for a longer period may lead to steroid toxicity. Upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to apply Closalve F Cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Closalve F Cream be used to treat fungal infections?
A: No, Closalve F Cream is not effective against fungal or viral infections. It is meant only for bacterial skin infections. Please consult a doctor and use this medicine only if prescribed.
Q: Can I stop using Closalve F Cream if I feel my symptoms are getting better?
A: No, you should continue using Closalve F Cream as long as it is advised by your treating physician, even if you feel better. Your symptoms may reduce soon but it takes time for the infection to be completely cured.
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Fusidic Acid cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Fusidic Acid cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.