Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream Description
Clopinate Gm Cream is a combination medicine. It is used to treat inflammation and swelling in various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial, fungal or mixed skin infections. Clopinate Gm Cream
contains clobetasol, neomycin and miconazole. Clobetasol is a steroid and also has anti-inflammatory properties, neomycin is an antibacterial agent, and miconazole is an antifungal agent. Clopinate Gm Cream aids in reducing symptoms such as redness, swelling and itchiness. Clopinate Gm Cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor. Apply this Cream exactly as directed by the doctor.
|Miconazole(2.0 %W/W) + Clobetasol Propionate(0.05 %W/W) + Neomycin(0.5 %W/W)
|TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID
Uses of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
Contraindications of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, neomycin, miconazole or any of the ingredients in Clopinate Gm Cream.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds or skin infections.
- It should not be used for treating infections in and around genitals or anal area, face, acne, and skin perforations.
- You should not use this Cream for acne, rashes or skin conditions around your mouth and in the external ear canal.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- Clopinate Gm Cream should not be used for children below the age of 2 years and nappy rash.
Side effects of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
- Thinning of the skin
- Cracks on the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic skin reactions after applying Clopinate Gm Cream.
- You develop other infections or skin reactions after applying this Cream.
- Do not apply this Cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- Using this medicine for a prolonged duration can cause HPA axis suppression and hamper the production of certain hormones.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this Cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- It would be best if you do not use this Cream for any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance named Prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
- Use Clopinate Gm Cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions
- It is meant for external use only. Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds
- Wash your hands before and after using this Cream unless your hands are the area to be treated
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area for days and time advised by your doctor
- Consult your doctor if you do not see any improvement in your condition within a week
Interactions of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Clopinate Gm Cream is used externally on the skin, thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied Cream or gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine...
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Clopinate Gm Cream with other medicines. However, as Clopinate Gm Cream contains three different components, any interaction was seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination...
- You need to be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir (used in HIV infection), antibiotics such as Erythromycin, blood-thinners like Warfarin and Verapamil used to treat heart problems...
Storage and disposal of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
- Store Clopinate Gm Cream below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep this Cream away from children and pets.
Dosage of Clopinate Gm Tube Of 10gm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Clopinate Gm Cream be used for acne?
Q: Can Clopinate Gm Cream be used for pigmentation?
Q: Can Clopinate Gm Cream be used after waxing?
Q: Is Clopinate Gm Cream a steroid?
Q: Can I stop using Clopinate Gm Cream if I feel better?
- Sonaderm-NM Cream [Internet]. BluecrossLabs.com. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- Daktarin 2% w/w cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- GENTAMICIN SULFATE CREAM 0.1% cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]