Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets Description
Claxotac Tablet is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections like infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases. It contains cefu
roxime and clavulanic acid as its active components. Cefuroxime is an antibiotic that acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria and clavulanic acid acts by inhibiting the enzyme made by bacteria; this will help cefuroxime to function optimally. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or any other ingredient of this medicine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹44.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefuroxime(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
- Cefudif Cv 625mg TabletBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 425.40₹ 348.838.04% CHEAPER₹ 58.14/Tablet
- Forcef Cv 500mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 421.45₹ 358.235.55% CHEAPER₹ 59.71/Tablet
- Stafcure Cv 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 709.00₹ 581.398.04% CHEAPER₹ 58.14/Tablet
- Zefu Cv 500mg TabletBy Fdc Limited6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.40₹ 302.9420.14% CHEAPER₹ 50.49/Tablet
Uses of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
Contraindications of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Claxotac Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergy to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion
- Mouth ulcers
- Thirsty feeling, lack of appetite
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Low blood count
- Shortness of breath
- Itching and swelling in the vagina, painful urination
- Itching, redness, chills
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Claxotac Tablet.
- You have a history of an allergy to any antibiotic like cephalosporins, penicillins.
- You are already taking water pills, as it can affect kidney functions.
- You have a history of pain and swelling in the inner lining of the intestine.
Mode of Action of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Claxotac Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefuroxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefuroxime acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which is responsible for bacterial infection. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which can destroy cefuroxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefuroxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
- Claxotac Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or after food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Claxotac Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions are seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Oral contraceptives, antacids and medicines used in the treatment of gout, such as Probenecid, should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
- Store Claxotac Tablet at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Claxotac 500/125mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Claxotac Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Claxotac Tablet?
Q: For how long do I need to take Claxotac Tablet?
- CDSCO - Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Products, Syrup, Suspension from Leading Contract Manufacturers of India - Finecure Pharmaceuticals Limited [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime 250mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]