Clavam 375mg Tablet
Clavam 375mg Tablet Description
Clavam 375mg tablet contains a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics. It is useful in treating infections typically of the respiratory tract,
ear, nose, urinary tract infections and, bone and joint-related infections. You may experience nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting on taking this medicine. These side-effects are usually mild and manageable. Please consult your doctor if you experience any other side effects than these. Take this medicine in dosage as prescribed by your doctor. Do not abruptly stop taking the syrup as it may increase the risk of re-infection. Also, please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹32.78 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(250.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting|
Uses of Clavam 375mg Tablet
Contraindications of Clavam 375mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Clavam 375mg Tablet
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in the digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Clavam 375mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins
- You are an elderly patient
- You have liver problems
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands
- You are taking oral birth control pills, as this tablet may reduce the efficacy of oral birth control pills
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine
- You have difficulty in passing urine
Mode of Action of Clavam 375mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clavam 375mg Tablet
Interactions of Clavam 375mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Clavam 375mg Tablet
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original package to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Clavam 375mg Tablet
- Taking Clavam 375mg tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)