Clarinova Dry Syp
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clarinova Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis (infection of the airway) and infections of the ears, sinuses, skin and throat. It
contains clarithromycin as an active ingredient. The medicine inhibits the growth of bacteria. Complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by the doctor or it leads to relapse or returns the infection. Clarinova Dry Syrup or other antibiotics should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics makes it ineffective for future treatment....
Uses of Clarinova Dry Syp
For the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, ear, skin and soft tissue infection.
Contraindications of Clarinova Dry Syp
- If you are allergic to clarithromycin or other ingredients of the medicine
- You have a liver or kidney-related condition.
- You may have a condition of low potassium levels (hypokalaemia).
- You are on medicines like medicine for allergy, heartburn, mood disorder, for certain heart conditions, migraine, gout and medicines for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- You may suffer from a disorder of irregular heartbeats (arrhythmia) or other heart rhythm disorders.
Side effects of Clarinova Dry Syp
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Clarinova Dry Syp
Can I take Clarinova Dry Syrup during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use Clarinova Dry Syrup during pregnancy, especially during the first 3 months as it may be life-threatening for the developing baby. It is recommended that consult the doctor before use of the medicine.
Can I take Clarinova Dry Syrup while breastfeeding?
Avoid taking Clarinova Dry Syrup when you are breastfeeding your newborn, as Clarithromycin is known to pass into the breastmilk and cause loose motions and fungal infections to various tissues (mucous membranes) to the newborn.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clarinova Dry Syrup?
Clarinova does not affect the ability to drive. Nonetheless, if you are feeling dizzy then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Clarinova Dry Syrup?
Alcohol is not known to reduce the effectiveness of Clarinova Dry Syrup. However, if you feel drowsy and dizzy after taking the Dry Syrup, it is recommended that you avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You suffer from kidney, liver or heart-related disease.
- You experience loose motions on taking the medicine
- You have been told that you have low levels of magnesium and potassium in your blood.
- You suffer from community-acquired pneumonia.
- You may experience a severe allergic reaction after taking the medicine.
- You suffer from a condition known as myasthenia gravis (skeletal muscle weakness).
- You are diabetic and taking oral hypoglycaemic agents or insulin.
- In case of concomitant administration of clarithromycin with other medicines that carry a risk of damage to the ear (ototoxic medicines). If not sure ask the doctor which is the medicines.
Mode of Action of Clarinova Dry Syp
How Does It Work?
Clarinova Dry Syrup it inhibits the protein synthesis in the bacterial cell thereby preventing the growth of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Clarinova Dry Syp
- Take medicine as directed by the doctor.
- For reconstituting add boiled and cooled water, below the mark on the bottle or suggested by the doctor.
- Shake it well and make up the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the quantity.
- Reconstituted solutions must be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Clarinova Dry Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines interferes with the action of Clarinova Dry Syrup or Clarinova itself affects the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform the doctor about the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- Especially if you are taking medicines for the treatment of allergy, heartburn, mood disorders as it leads to irregular heartbeats and heart rhythm disorders. Other medicines used for migraine, heartrhythm disorder, statins, immunomodulators and blood thinners must be used cautiously under medical supervision while taking the antibiotic....Read more
Storage and disposal of Clarinova Dry Syp
- Keep in room temperature, at a cool and dry place.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Clarinova Dry Syp
If you have taken too much of Clarinova Dry Syrup, contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately. You may experience symptoms like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea on
taking more than usual dosage....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Clarinova Dry Syrup, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Make sure there i
s a sufficient gap between the doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Clarinova Dry Syrup be taken for urinary tract infections?
A: No, the medicine should be used only for the condition that it has been prescribed for. Avoid using without consulting a doctor as they may lead to a phenomenon known as "Antibiotic resistance". The development of this phenomenon may lead to the ineffectiveness of the treatment. Hence, it is recommended to avoid using the medicine without consulting a doctor.
Q: Can Clarinova Dry Syrup clear my cough and cold?
A: The medicine must not be used for cough and cold unless prescribed by the doctor. Clarinova Dry Syrup is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections like pneumonia, inflammation to the airways, infection to the skin, ears, sinuses and throat. If there is a need for an antibiotic for cough and cold, it will be prescribed by the doctor. Avoid self-medication.
Last Updated on: 18 May 2021 | 12:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved