Ciprova 500mg Tablet
Ciprova 500 MG Description
Ciprova Tablet is an antibiotic and is used in treating various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinus infection and infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract, etc. It
contains ciprofloxacin as its active ingredient. Ciprova Tablet kills the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking the action of enzymes essential for DNA replication, repair, etc. Ciprova Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Taken with or without food. Ciprova Tablet or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics makes it ineffective for future treatment. If stopped abruptly it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
|You Save||₹5.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
- Esipflox 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.00₹ 47.20₹ 4.72/Tablet
- Cipcoz 500mg TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.99₹ 34.84₹ 3.48/Tablet
- Ciprodac 500mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.30₹ 36.24₹ 3.62/Tablet
- Baycip 500mg TabletBy Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.55₹ 36.09₹ 3.61/Tablet
- Ciplox 500mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.44₹ 33.95₹ 3.4/Tablet
- Zoxan 500mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.28₹ 38.49₹ 3.85/Tablet
- Cebran 500mg TabletBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 33.15₹ 3.32/Tablet
Uses of Ciprova 500 MG
Contraindications of Ciprova 500 MG
- If allergic to ciprofloxacin or other ingredient of Ciprova Tablet.
- If you are on other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid. If you are not sure about which are the medicines ask the doctor.
- Taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Ciprova 500 MG
- Stomach ache
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ciprova 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have problems with the kidney or liver.
- You may have mental health problems or a history of fits.
- You may have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a blood enzyme disease that affects red blood cells).
- Avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- You may experience a sudden allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking Ciprova Tablet and contact the doctor immediately.
- You may develop sudden severe pain in the stomach, back or chest or experience severe diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may experience nervous system-related symptoms like confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You may suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. The medicine further worsens the condition of muscle weakness.
- Ciprova Tablet should not be used in children and adolescents.
- The medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell the doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Ciprova 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ciprova 500 MG
Interactions of Ciprova 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Ciprova Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Also, inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Cation should be exercised if you are taking medicines for the treatment of uneven heart rhythm, mental health problems, gout, acidity, muscle spasm, seizures, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's disease, erectile dysfunction, sleeping disorders, skin conditions, blood thinners....
- Ciprova Tablet should be taken 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking dietary supplements that zinc, iron, antacids containing aluminium or magnesium, medicines for kidney problems such as sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate and medicine for the treatment of ulcer-like sucralfate....
- Ciprova Tablet enhances the glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicine hence should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ciprova 500 MG
- Store Ciprova Tablet at a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ciprova 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ciprova Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can you take Ciprova Tablet if I have a fever?
Q: What is the use of Ciprova Tablet?
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Ciprova Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Ciprova Tablet before the prescribed duration?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the Ciprova Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about the detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform the doctor about liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Ciprova Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform the doctor about all the medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform the doctor if you are stopping any medicine.