By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cipride Inf contains ciprofloxacin which belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolones. It is an antibiotic that is used in various bacterial infections.
|You Save||₹8.64 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Ciprofloxacin(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Cipride 200 MG
- Lower respiratory tract infection
- COPD (lung disease)
- Ear infection
- Sinus infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Genital tract infection
- Intestinal infection
- Stomach infection
- Skin infection
- Bone and joint infection
Contraindications of Cipride 200 MG
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid
- If you are taking tizanidine (medicine used to treat muscle spasm)
Side effects of Cipride 200 MG
- Injection site reactions, e.g., pain and redness
- Decreased appetite
- Sleep disorders
- Taste disorders
- Stomach ache
- Rash, itchy skin (Pruritus)
- Urticaria (pale, red bumps on skin)
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Kidney impairment
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Cipride 200 MG
Can I take Cipride Inf during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid Cipride Inf if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are
- planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Cipride Inf while breastfeeding?
Cipride Inf can pass into human breast milk and harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cipride Inf?
This medicine may affect the reaction time, which is crucial for driving, hence it is advised not to use this medicine while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Cipride Inf?
You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney diseases, as this medicine will then require dose adjustment
- You have a history of fits
- You have diabetes as your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it
- You have any history of tendon problems
- You have heart diseases, very slow heart rhythm, heart failure
- You have liver diseases
- You have mental health problems
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately
Mode of Action of Cipride 200 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine prevents bacterial growth and kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cipride 200 MG
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Cipride 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that increase the QT interval e.g., medicines that belong to the class anti-arrhythmics, tricyclic antidepressants, macrolides, antipsychotics
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain calcium, iron, aluminium, magnesium, sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate, antacids or sucralfate. Ciprofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
- Medicines used for treatment of gout like probenecid
- Medicines used to treat nausea and vomiting like metoclopramide
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole
- Medicine used to treat muscle spasm like tizanidine
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like methotrexate
- Medicine used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline
- If you are using medicines known as xanthine derivatives
- Medicine used to treat epilepsy or fits like phenytoin
- Medicine used to treat skin conditions, rheumatoid arthritis and in organ transplantation like cyclosporin
- Medicines that are used as blood thinner (Anticoagulants) like warfarin, acenocoumarol, phenprocoumon or fluindione
- Medicine used to treat depression like duloxetine, agomelatine
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like ropinirole
- Anaesthetics like lidocaine
- Medicines used to treat mental health like clozapine
- Medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction like sildenafil
- Medicines used to treat sleeping disorders like zolpidem
Storage and disposal of Cipride 200 MG
- Store below 30°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Cipride 200 MG
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection, so it is unlikely that you overdose on the medicine. However, this medicine may cause confusion, tremor, headache, tiredness, dizziness, hallucinations, fits, liver or kidney impairment, blood in urine, difficulty in urination if you have been given more of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
- Your doctor or nurse will monitor you about when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Cipride Inf?
- If you notice tightness in chest, difficulty in breathing, or fainting episode, immediately seek medical help
- If you notice pain, swelling in any joint, immediately stop taking this medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to your doctor
- If you are suffering from depression, it can worsen
- If you have diabetes, this medicine can cause a drop in your blood sugars, which can be dangerous
- If you experience sweating, hunger pangs, headache, tremors, immediately have a juice/ sugar. Inform your doctor about this episode
Q: What should I avoid while taking ciprofloxacin?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Wear a protective covering or use a sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.