Ciplox Tz H Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ciplox TZ H tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of two medicines - Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole. It is used in treating various types of infections of the stomach, liver, pancreas, surrounding organ, vagina, lung, throat and airways, etc. It can also be used in preventing post-surgery infections. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without consulting your doctor.
Uses of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
- Ciplox TZ H tablet is used to treat infections of the stomach, liver, pancreas, surrounding organ, vagina, cervix uterus, lung, throat and airways.
- It is also used to prevent infection which may happen after surgery and operation.
Contraindications of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
- As the Ciplox TZ H tablet contains a combination of two medicines, any contraindication with the individual product can happen with this combination.
- If you are allergic to Ciprofloxacin, Tinidazole, similar medicines or any ingredient of Ciplox TZ H tablet.
- If you have serious blood disease or brain-related disorders
- If you have a history of serious allergic reactions including allergy of the skin due to any antibiotic
- If you are pregnant (especially during the first trimester) or breastfeeding
- If you are taking a medicine called Tizanidine for muscle spasms
Side effects of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
- Headache, dizziness, migraine.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, altered taste, stomach pain or decreased appetite.
- Allergic reactions like skin rash and itching.
- Tendon rupture and pain.
- Weakness, sleep problems.
- Numbness, pins and needle sensation.
- Liver function problems and serious heart rhythm problems.
- Sensitivity to light.
Precautions and Warnings of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
Can I take Ciplox TZ H tablet during pregnancy?
Ciplox TZ H tablet should not be used during pregnancy as components of this tablet can alter the growth and development of bones in the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Ciplox TZ H tablet while breastfeeding?
Ciplox TZ H tablet passes in breast milk and women taking these tablets should not breastfeed the baby for at least 3 days after taking the last dose. Your doctor may also ask you to observe your baby for having any symptoms like fungal infection of mouth and diarrhoea.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ciplox TZ H tablet?
Ciplox TZ H tablets may make you feel dizzy and cause unusual muscle movements and impaired alertness. Thus, it is advised not to drive when you have taken this tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ciplox TZ H tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment and at least 3 days after stopping the treatment with Ciplox TZ H tablets as it may cause stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, headaches and sometimes hot flushes may also occur.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver and kidney problems.
- You have watery diarrhoea and black tarry stools, immediately stop this tablet and inform your doctor.
- You have diabetes, then your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- You experience any blood disorder, anaemia and abnormal blood count.
- You experience pain, swelling in the joints or tendons, take rest, stop Ciplox TZ H tablet and inform your doctor.
- You experience muscle pain and muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have a history of fits.
- You notice burning, tingling, numbness or pain sensations.
- You experience nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression or suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience irregular heartbeat and difficulty in passing urine.
- Ciplox TZ H tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
How Does It Work?
Ciplox TZ H tablets work by inhibiting the formation and action of bacterial enzymes responsible for the growth of bacteria which eventually leads to the death of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
Ciplox TZ H tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken on an empty stomach (an hour before or 2 hours after the meal). It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- As Ciplox TZ H tablet contains a combination of two medicines, any drug interaction of individual components can happen with this combination.
- Concomitant use of Ciplox TZ H tablets along with Tizanidine (muscle relaxants) should be avoided.
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines that can alter your heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinone, Disopyramide, Clomipramine or Amitriptyline and antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin along with this tablet.read less
- Ciplox TZ H tablets should be taken at least two hours before taking any medicines containing magnesium/aluminum used for acidity, to treat ulcers like Sucralfate, any preparation containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine.read less
- Concomitant use along with Theophylline (for breathing problems) can lead to serious side effects.
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin should be used cautiously along with this tablet, as it may lead to bleeding problems.
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Metoclopramide, Omeprazole, Agomelatine, Zolpidem, Methotrexate, Caffeine, Phenytoin, Cyclosporine, Lidocaine, Ropinirole, Duloxetine, Clozapine, Metronidazole, Sildenafil and Sucralfate should be used with caution with Ciplox TZ H tablets.read less
Interactions with food items
Dairy products like milk or curd and calcium-fortified juices should be avoided during the treatment as it may decrease the absorption of Ciplox TZ H tablets.
Storage and disposal of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
Store Ciplox TZ H tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Ciplox Tz H Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include confusion, shaking, headache, tiredness, dizziness, hallucinations, fits, liver or kidney impairment, blood in urine and difficulty in urination.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Ciplox TZ H tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It would be best if you never miss your dose of Ciplox TZ H tablets as it may lead to treatment failure. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I discontinue the treatment with Ciplox TZ H tablet if I feel my symptoms have gone away?
A: No, you should follow the prescribed duration by your doctor. If you stop taking the Ciplox TZ H tablet early, you may develop resistance and your infection may reoccur. On reoccurrence, the infection may not respond to such antibiotics.
Q: What needs to be avoided while on treatment with the Ciplox TZ H tablet?
A: You should avoid exposure to direct sunlight, wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of the Ciplox TZ H tablet?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Q: Is Ciplox TZ H tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, the Ciplox TZ H tablet is an antibiotic.
Q: What is the use of the Ciplox TZ H tablet?
A: Ciplox TZ H tablet is used to treat various bacterial infections of the stomach, liver, pancreas, surrounding organs, vagina, cervix uterus, lung, throat, airways, etc. It is also used to prevent infection which may happen after surgery or operation.
Q: How should I take the Ciplox TZ H tablet?
A: Ciplox TZ H tablet should be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals with a glass of water. You should take it regularly as directed by the doctor.
Q: Can Ciplox TZ H tablets be used in children?
A: Ciplox TZ H tablet is not recommended for children.
Q: How does the Ciplox TZ H tablet work?
A: Ciplox TZ H tablet contains a combination of Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole which collectively work in curing your infection. Ciprofloxacin works by blocking the multiplication and growth of infection-causing bacteria, thus killing the bacteria. Tinidazole works by stopping the growth of infection-causing bacteria and parasites by damaging their DNA.
Q: Is Ciplox TZ H tablet habit-forming?
A: No habit forming tendencies have been noticed with Ciplox TZ H tablets
Q: Is Ciplox TZ H and Norflox TZ the same?
A: Ciplox TZ H tablet contains a combination of Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole, whereas the Norflox TZ contains a combination of Norfloxacin, Tinidazole and Lactic acid bacillus. Though they almost have the same effect, the Ciplox TZ H tablet is widely used.
Last Updated on: 23 Oct 2020 | 11:38 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved