Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet Description
Cilory Ct Tablet is a combination medicines used to treat high blood pressure, when a single medicine is inadequate in controlling your blood pressure. It contains telmisartan, cilnidipine and chlort
halidone (chlortalidone) as active ingredients. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Cilory Ct should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Cilory Ct Tablet.
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Cilnidipine(10.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, weakness|
- Dilnip Trio TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 220.10₹ 187.08₹ 18.71/Tablet
- Telista Trio Cl 40/10/12.5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 313.85₹ 269.91₹ 17.99/Tablet
- Cytel Trio Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medicyte Pharmaceuticals Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 110.5015.65% CHEAPER₹ 11.05/Tablet
- Lndip Trio Tablet 10'sBy Fusion Health Care10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 155.00₹ 131.75₹ 13.18/Tablet
- Cilacar Tc 12.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 213.97₹ 181.87₹ 18.19/Tablet
- Cetanil Trio 12.5mg TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 181.10₹ 153.93₹ 15.39/Tablet
- Tricinod 10/12.5mg Tablets 15'sBy Ajanta Pharma Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 314.00₹ 266.90₹ 17.79/Tablet
- Macsart Cc 12.5mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 168.00₹ 142.80₹ 14.28/Tablet
- Tsart Trio 12.5mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 207.00₹ 175.95₹ 17.59/Tablet
- Telmikind Trio 12.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.5028.63% CHEAPER₹ 9.35/Tablet
Uses of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
Contraindications of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to telmisartan, cilnidipine, chlorthalidone, similar medicines or any of the ingredient of Cilory Ct Tablet
- If you have any problems with your liver, kidneys or heart.
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria).
- If you have diabetes or any kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like aliskiren
- If you have a blockage in your gallbladder and small intestine.
- If you have an untreated Addison’s disease or history of gout, uric acid calculi
- If you are being treated with lithium (used to treat psychiatric illnesses)
- If you are pregnant
Side effects of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
- Decreased appetite
- Swelling of lower limb
- Low blood pressure that occurs when standing up from sitting or lying down
Precautions and Warnings of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
- Cilory Ct Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it may be harmful to the unborn baby.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- Consult your doctor, if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
- Cilory Ct Tablet is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as limited safety data is available in lactating mothers.
- Thus consult your doctor before taking this medicine during breastfeeding. He/she may suggest an alternative medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy
- You are diabetic and on aliskiren, an anti-hypertensive medicine to control blood pressure.
- You have increased level of potassium in the blood or are on any potassium supplements
- You have raised aldosterone levels
- You may experience an increase in the potassium level or sugar level in your blood or elevated uric acid levels.
- You have low levels of potassium or sodium in your blood
- Cilory Ct Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years
Mode of Action of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cilory Ct Tablet works by the combined action of all its components - telmisartan, cilnidipine and chlorthalidone.
- Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker, and telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker. Collectively these medicines act by relaxing the blood vessels so that that heart can pump the blood more easily, and it leads to lowering of the blood pressure....
- Chlorthalidone is a diuretic or water pill, it works by increasing the loss of water and salt from the body, thus resulting in increased production of urine, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
- Cilory Ct Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cilory Ct Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, diabetes, infection, asthma, high cholesterol levels, are taking blood thinners, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines....
- Medicine used for heart failure like digoxin should be used cautiously.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like insulin, metformin along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with other blood pressure medicines like aliskiren, anti-cancer medicine like aldesleukin, medicines like aspirin, prednisone, and betamethasone may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Few medicines can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure like lithium and thus should be used with caution.
- Other medicines are quinide, digoxin, carbamazepine, rifampicin, cimetidine, erythromycin, baclofen, amifostine and water pills like amiloride, spironolactone should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
- Store Cilory Ct Tablets at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cilory Ct 10mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, nausea, sleepiness, electrolyte imbalance, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeats.
- If you think you have taken too much of Cilory Ct Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Cilory Ct Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Cilory Ct Tablet used for?
Q: Is Cilory Ct Tablet an anti-hypertensive medicine?
- CILACAR TC 6.25 (Cilnidipine, Telmisartan & Chlorthalidone Tablets) [Internet]. Jbcpl.com. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Telday CH Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Cilnidipine: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Telmisartan 20mg Glenmark Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]