Cilclox 250mg Injection
By DWD PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cilclox 250mg Injection Description
Cilclox Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, skin, soft tissues, bone, ear, nose and wounds after surgery due to variou
s organisms. It contains ampicillin and cloxacillin as its active ingredients. It belongs to the 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. It acts by inhibiting the growth, killing the infection-causing bacteria.
|You Save||₹1.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ampicillin + Cloxacillin|
|Side effects||Diarrheoa, nausea, vomiting, skin rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
Uses of Cilclox 250mg Injection
For the treatment of bacterial infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin & soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Cilclox 250mg Injection
- If you are allergic to ampicillin, cloxacillin or any of the ingredients of Cilclox Injection.
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime and Amoxicillin.
- Cilclox Injection should never be used for eye infections and eye contact should be avoided.
Side effects of Cilclox 250mg Injection
- Skin rashes
- Urge to scratch
Precautions and Warnings of Cilclox 250mg Injection
Can I take Cilclox Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Cilclox Injection while breastfeeding?
A breastfeeding mother should take this medicine only under a doctor's recommendation. Refrain from self-medication. However, if your doctor prescribes you Cilclox Injection, then watch for symptoms like diarrhoea and fungal infection of the mouth in a breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Cilclox Injection?
It is unlikely that this medicine will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol after taking Cilclox Injection?
Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms related to the stomach, like nausea and vomiting. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to Penicillins.
- You experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine.
- If you are having watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor.
- You develop other infections while taking this medicine.
- You have existing kidney problems.
- You should not give this medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice.
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Cilclox 250mg Injection
How Does It Work?
Cilclox Injection inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Cilclox 250mg Injection
- Cilclox Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Cilclox 250mg Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Cilclox Injection may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking it for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout, antibiotics like chloramphenicol, azithromycin, painkillers, etc.
- This medicine hampers how oral contraceptive medication works. Thus, it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms.
Storage and disposal of Cilclox 250mg Injection
- Store this injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cilclox 250mg Injection
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives this injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Cilclox Injection safe during pregnancy?
A: There is limited information available about the effect of Cilclox Injection on pregnancy. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after assessing the safety and necessity.
Q: What are the contents present in Cilclox Injection?
A: The contents present in Cilclox Injection are ampicillin and cloxacillin as its active ingredients.
Q: What are Cilclox uses?
A: Cilclox is used to treat bacterial infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin & soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed