Cheston Dt Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cheston Dt Tablet is used in treatment of cough with mucus (phlegm). It helps to release the mucus from the windpipe, nose or lungs and improves the symptoms like chest tightness, breathing difficulty
, wheezing and coughing. Cheston Dt Tablet contains guaifenesin (guaiphenesin), terbutaline and bromhexine. Guaifenesin is an expectorant group of medicine, terbutaline is a bronchodilator, and bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine. Do not take Cheston Dt Tablet if you are allergic to it, have an ulcer in the stomach or intestine, are taking other cough suppressing medicines, are pregnant or breastfeeding. Cheston Dt Tablet is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
Uses of Cheston Dt Tablet
Cheston Dt Tablet is used in treatment of cough especially associated with mucus (phlegm). It helps to release the mucus from the windpipe, nose or lungs and improves the symptoms like chest tightness
, breathing difficulty, wheezing and coughing....
Contraindications of Cheston Dt Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Cheston Dt Tablet.
- If you have ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- If you use other cough medicines which inhibits the cough reflex (like codeine), especially before going to sleep. Taking this medicine with other cough suppressing medicine inhibits the coughing outsputum....Read more
Side effects of Cheston Dt Tablet
- Fast heart beats
- Ponding heartbeats (palpitation)
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling tense
- Irregular heartbeats
- Irritation in mouth and throat
- Change sleeping patterns
- Low blood potassium levels (produces symptoms like weakness, thirst, pins and needle sensation)
Precautions and Warnings of Cheston Dt Tablet
Can I take Cheston Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
Cheston Dt Tablet may pass in to the blood of developing baby and may produce side effects, so take the doctor's advise before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Cheston Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Cheston Dt Tablet may pass in to the breast milk and adversely affect your baby so do not take this medicine without doctors advise if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cheston Dt Tablet?
Cheston Dt Tablet may affect your ability to drive or use heavy machines so do not get involved in any activities which require alertness.
Can I consume alcohol with Cheston Dt Tablet?
Do not take Cheston Dt Tablet with alcohol, as increases the chances of drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are having a feeling of weakness.
- You are having asthma or mechanical narrowing of the lumen of the windpipe.
- You are having stomach or duodenal ulcers this medicine may irritate the lining.
- You are having any liver or kidney problems.
- You are having epilepsy or fits.
- You are having any symptoms related to hypersensitivity reactions.
- You are having pregnancy or any problem related to pregnancy.
- You are having diabetes mellites. Your doctor may advise few tests before starting the treatment.
- You are having any heart problems like irregular heartbeats or angina (chest pain due to decreased blood supply to the heart).
- You are having an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have any sugar intolerance.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- Do not use Cheston Dt Tablet for children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cheston Dt Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cheston Dt Tablet works by the combined action of all its components: guaifenesin, terbutaline and bromhexine
- Guaifenesin being an expectorant group of medicine decreases the stickiness of mucus to the windpipe and lungs.
- Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine, which decreases the consistency of mucus and makes it thin and loosens it. So, it becomes easier for patients to cough it out.
- Terbutaline being a bronchodilator medicine, relaxes the muscles of the windpipe so breathing becomes easy.
Directions for Use of Cheston Dt Tablet
- Cheston Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Even after improvement of symptoms, continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.
Interactions of Cheston Dt Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including:
- Steroid medicines like Prednisolone
- Xanthine medicines like Theophylline or Aminophylline (used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Beta-blocker medicines like Atenolol or Propranolol used for high blood pressure, and eye drops like Timolol for glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- Water tablets, also known as diuretics (like Frusemide)
- If you are to undergo any surgery with general anaesthetics, you must inform your doctor about all medications you are taking
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin or Cefalexin
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic medicines like Salicylates, Phenylbuthazone and Oxyphenylbuthazone (it may increase the chances of stomach irritation and ulcers)
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking, including medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Cheston Dt Tablet or increase the chances of side effects....Read more
Storage and disposal of Cheston Dt Tablet
- Store Cheston Dt Tablet below 25°C in the original package.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Cheston Dt Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of Cheston Dt Tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Overdose of this medicine may increase the chances of side effects.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose of Cheston Dt Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgott
en dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without the doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cheston Dt Tablet?
A: Cheston Dt Tablet is used in treatment of cough especially associated with mucus (phlegm). It helps in releasing the mucus from the windpipe, nose or lungs and improves the symptoms like chest tightness, breathing difficulty, wheezing and coughing.
Q: How does Cheston Dt Tablet work?
A: Cheston Dt Tablet contains medicine known as Guaifenesin, Terbutaline and Bromhexine. Guaifenesin is an expectorant group of medicine. Terbutaline is a bronchodilator while Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine. Guaifenesin being an expectorant group of medicine, decreases the stickiness of mucus to the windpipe and lungs. Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine, which decreases the consistency of mucus and makes it thin and loosens it. So, it becomes easier for patients to cough it out. Terbutaline being a bronchodilator medicine, relaxes the muscles of the windpipe so breathing becomes easy.
Q: Can I use Cheston Dt Tablet if I am suffering from heart problem?
A: Cheston Dt Tablet produces side effects like abnormal heart rhythm, pounding heartbeats, symptoms of angina (decreased blood supply to the heart). Thus it is advisable to inform your doctor beforehand if you are having any heart problem or taking medicines for them.
Q: Can I stop Cheston Dt Tablet once my symptoms get improved?
A: Do not stop taking Cheston Dt Tablet without the doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms.
- Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Bricanyl Tablets 5mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
|You Save||₹4.06 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Bromhexine(4.0 Mg),Terbutaline(1.25 Mg),Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough especially associated with mucus|
|Side effects||Shaking, headache, nausea|
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved