Cepy O 200mg Tablet
Cepy O 200 MG Description
Cepy O Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine containi
ng cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Cepy O Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using Cepy O Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Delpocure 200mg TabletBy Delcure Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 174.00₹ 128.76₹
- Olypod 200 Mg Tablets 10'sBy Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 170.00₹ 144.50₹
- Polares 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 243.10₹ 243.10₹
- Cefodox 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Bogs India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 198.00₹ 198.00₹
- Cumin 200mg TabletBy D.r. Johns Lab Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 209.00₹ 209.00₹
- Olybact 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Olympus Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.00₹ 161.50₹
- Cefoprox 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.99₹ 162.34₹
- Kefpod 200mg TabletBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 198.00₹ 168.30₹
- Doxcef 200mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 168.60₹ 143.31₹
- Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.90₹ 139.31₹
Uses of Cepy O 200 MG
- Cepy O Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of Cepy O 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of Cepy O Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cepy O 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cepy O 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Cepy O Tablet.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Cepy O 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cepy O 200 MG
Interactions of Cepy O 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cepy O Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with Cepy O Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cepy O 200 MG
- Store Cepy O Tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cepy O 200 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Cepy O Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Cepy O Tablet be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Cepy O Tablet without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Cepy O Tablet before the prescribed duration?
Q: What is Cepy O Tablet?
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]