Celcib 200mg Capsules
Celcib 200mg Capsules Description
Celcib 200mg Cap is a pain-relieving medicine. It is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, painful menstruation and other acute painful conditions in adults. It contains ce
lecoxib as an active ingredient. Celcib 200mg Cap blocks the formation of a chemical prostaglandin, responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Taken with or without food. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should let the doctor know if you smoke, have diabetes, blood clotting problem, heart condition, or pregnant or breastfeeding etc.
Uses of Celcib 200mg Capsules
- Celcib 200mg Cap is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- It is effective in pain management and provides pain relief during painful menstruation.
Contraindications of Celcib 200mg Capsules
- If you are allergic to celecoxib or other ingredients of Celcib 200mg Cap .
- If you are allergic to sulfonamides. If not sure about which are these medicines, ask the doctor.
- You may suffer from ulcers in the stomach or intestines or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- You may have problems with the kidney, liver, intestine or heart.
- You may have a blood circulation problem, conditions that affect the blood vessels of the brain.
- You may experience side effect like wheezing, asthma after taking other pain medications like aspirin and ibuprofen in the past.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Women of childbearing age must not use the medicine unless using an effective method of contraception.
Side effects of Celcib 200mg Capsules
Precautions and Warnings of Celcib 200mg Capsules
- Celcib 200mg Cap must not be used during pregnancy, as it may be unsafe. If you become pregnant while taking the medicine, inform the doctor immediately he/she may ask you to discontinue the treatment and switch you to a safer alternative. If you are a woman of childbearing age, ensure you use effective contraception when you are on treatment the medicine....
Other General Warnings
- You may develop allergic reaction after taking Celcib 200mg Cap .
- You had ulcers or bleeding in your stomach or intestine.
- You are using a pain-relieving medicine.
- You are on medications like aspirin, blood thinners like warfarin, steroids.
- You are dehydrated, have diarrhoea.
- You may have problems with the heart, liver or kidneys.
- You may suffer from fluid retention or swelling.
- You may have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol.
- You are 65 years or above.
- You may experience skin reactions following the use of the medicine.
- You consume alcohol regularly or you smoke.
- You are planning a pregnancy or pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Celcib 200mg Cap is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Celcib 200mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Celcib 200mg Capsules
Interactions of Celcib 200mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Celcib 200mg Cap affect the way certain medicines work or other medicines affect the way Celcib 200mg Cap works if taken at the same time.
- Before initiating the treatment tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicines for high blood pressure, diabetes, immunomodulators, etc.
- Concomitant use of steroids, warfarin or aspirin may increase the chances of bleeding in elderly patients.
- Avoid taking other pain killers along with the medicine as it increases the chance of bleeding in the stomach.
- Other medicines like medicine used to treat cough like dextromethorphan, antifungals like fluconazole and medicines used to treat mental illness like carbamazepine and neuroleptics must be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Celcib 200mg Capsules
- Store Celcib 200mg Cap below 30°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Celcib 200mg Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What information should I let my healthcare provider know before taking Celcib 200mg Cap ?
Q: Can Celcib 200mg Cap be given to children?
Q: Is Celcib 200mg Cap an antibiotic?
- Celecoxib 200mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 June 2021]
- Celecoxib 200mg capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Celecoxib [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]