Celcib 200mg Cap
By KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Celcib 200mg Cap is a pain-relieving medicine. It is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, painful menstruation and other acute painful conditions in adults. It contains celecoxib as an active ingredient. Celcib 200mg Cap blocks the formation of a chemical prostaglandin, responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Taken with or without food. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should let the doctor know if you smoke, have diabetes, blood clotting problem, heart condition, or pregnant or breastfeeding etc....
Uses of Celcib 200mg Cap
- Celcib 200mg Cap is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- It is effective in pain management and provides pain relief during painful menstruation.
Contraindications of Celcib 200mg Cap
- If you are allergic to celecoxib or other ingredients of Celcib 200mg Cap .
- If you are allergic to sulfonamides. If not sure about which are these medicines, ask the doctor.
- You may suffer from ulcers in the stomach or intestines or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- You may have problems with the kidney, liver, intestine or heart.
- You may have a blood circulation problem, conditions that affect the blood vessels of the brain.
- You may experience side effect like wheezing, asthma after taking other pain medications like aspirin and ibuprofen in the past.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Women of childbearing age must not use the medicine unless using an effective method of contraception.
Side effects of Celcib 200mg Cap
Precautions and Warnings of Celcib 200mg Cap
Can I take Celcib 200mg Cap during pregnancy?
- Celcib 200mg Cap must not be used during pregnancy, as it may be unsafe. If you become pregnant while taking the medicine, inform the doctor immediately he/she may ask you to discontinue the treatment and switch you to a safer alternative. If you are a woman of childbearing age, ensure you use effective contraception when you are on treatment the medicine....
Can I take Celcib 200mg Cap while breastfeeding?
Components of Celcib 200mg Cap passes into breast milk in low amounts. It is advised not to breastfeed the baby if you are taking Celcib 200mg Cap . Consult the doctor on the use of the medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Celcib 200mg Cap ?
If you experience dizziness, vertigo or drowsiness after taking Celcib 200mg Cap , avoid driving or using heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Celcib 200mg Cap ?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Celcib 200mg Cap , it is essential to consult the physician if you have a habit of regular drinking. Consuming alcohol while taking pain killers is known to increase the risk of bleeding, ulcer and perforation in the stomach and intestine (upper gastrointestinal tract).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop allergic reaction after taking Celcib 200mg Cap .
- You had ulcers or bleeding in your stomach or intestine.
- You are using a pain-relieving medicine.
- You are on medications like aspirin, blood thinners like warfarin, steroids.
- You are dehydrated, have diarrhoea.
- You may have problems with the heart, liver or kidneys.
- You may suffer from fluid retention or swelling.
- You may have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol.
- You are 65 years or above.
- You may experience skin reactions following the use of the medicine.
- You consume alcohol regularly or you smoke.
- You are planning a pregnancy or pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Celcib 200mg Cap is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Celcib 200mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Celecoxib in Celcib 200mg Cap inhibits the synthesis of a chemical called prostaglandins, which causes pain and inflammation.
Directions for Use of Celcib 200mg Cap
Celcib 200mg Cap must be taken as directed by the doctor. Take it whole with a glass of water. Take with or without food. Take the medicine at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Celcib 200mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Celcib 200mg Cap affect the way certain medicines work or other medicines affect the way Celcib 200mg Cap works if taken at the same time.
- Before initiating the treatment tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicines for high blood pressure, diabetes, immunomodulators, etc.
- Concomitant use of steroids, warfarin or aspirin may increase the chances of bleeding in elderly patients.
- Avoid taking other pain killers along with the medicine as it increases the chance of bleeding in the stomach.
- Other medicines like medicine used to treat cough like dextromethorphan, antifungals like fluconazole and medicines used to treat mental illness like carbamazepine and neuroleptics must be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Celcib 200mg Cap
- Store Celcib 200mg Cap below 30°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Celcib 200mg Cap
There are no known symptoms of overdose. If you think you have taken too much of Celcib 200mg Cap , seek medical help or call a doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking a dose of Celcib 200mg Cap , take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What information should I let my healthcare provider know before taking Celcib 200mg Cap ?
A: Give a detailed account of the medical and surgical history. Inform the doctor if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, history of stomach or intestinal bleeds or if you smoke or drink. If you are a woman and are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding. Also mention to the doctor all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking, before starting Celcib 200mg Cap .
Q: Can Celcib 200mg Cap be given to children?
A: No, Celcib 200mg Cap is only for adults and not children.
Q: Is Celcib 200mg Cap an antibiotic?
A: No, Celcib 200mg Cap is not an antibiotic, it is a pain-relieving medicine.
- Celecoxib 200mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 June 2021]
- Celecoxib 200mg capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Celecoxib [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.