Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet Description
Ceftas Cl Tablet tablet is an antibiotic medicine used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and cervical/urethral infections. It is also
used to treat typhoid fever. It contains a combination of Cefixime, and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It is advised to complete the entire course of Ceftas Cl Tablet mg tablet, do not stop taking this medicine even if your symptoms disappear.
|Contains||Cefixime(100.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(45.0 M) + Cloxacillin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, indigestion|
Uses of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
- Ceftas Cl Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of ear, nose or sinuses, urinary system, throat infections and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia).
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
Side effects of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
- Stomach upset
- Skin itching
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure or liver disease.
- You experience skin reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
Mode of Action of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Ceftas Cl Tablet contains cefixime and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It works by inhibiting the growth of the cell walls of bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
- Lactobacillus are a gut friendly bacteria, which is often used as a probiotic. It helps in improving digestion and also prevents diarrhoea caused due to use of antibiotics.
Directions for Use of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
- Take Ceftas Cl Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine or for a longer duration.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ceftas Cl Tablet works or Ceftas Cl itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used as a blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution, as it increases the risk of bleeding when used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ceftas Cl 100mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Ceftas Cl Tablet for tooth infections?
Q: How many days Ceftas Cl Tablet should be taken?
Q: Can I take Ceftas Cl Tablet for fever and cold?
- DailyMed - CEFIXIME capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Ziprax Tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Drugs, H. and Supplements, H., 2022. Bacillus Coagulans: MedlinePlus Supplements. [Internet] Medlineplus.gov. [cited 23 June 2022].