Cefluv 50mg Suspension 30ml
By WISCON PHARMACEUTICALS
30ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefluv 50 MG Description
Cefluv 50mg Suspension 30ml contains a medicine called Cefixime that belongs to the group of antibiotics called Cephalosporins.
|You Save||₹4.65 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Cefluv 50 MG
- It is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear
- Infection of nose or sinuses
- Infection of urinary system
- Throat infections
- Infection of chest and lungs
Contraindications of Cefluv 50 MG
- You are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Side effects of Cefluv 50 MG
- Severe diarrhea
- Watery diarrhea with fever and weakness (Pseudomembranous colitis)
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Vaginal discharge
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Allergic reaction like rash, joint pain, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue (serious side effects)
- Fever, sore throat, bleeding gums
- Skin rash with a pink/ red ring and a pale center which may be itchy, scaly or filled with fluid (Erythema multiforme)
Precautions and Warnings of Cefluv 50 MG
Can I take Cefluv 50mg Suspension 30ml during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on pregnant women is not studied
- Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor
Can I take Cefluv 50mg Suspension 30ml while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown whether Cefixime passes into human milk
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhea in your baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefluv 50mg Suspension 30ml?
This medicine can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefluv 50mg Suspension 30ml?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have severe skin adverse reactions
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert)
- You are suffering from the condition called haemolytic anaemia (breakdown of red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Cefluv 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefixime works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefluv 50 MG
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Cefluv 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Carbamazepine (medicine used to treat seizures)
- Medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions of Cefixime when taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Cefluv 50 MG
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Cefluv 50 MG
If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain (Encephalopathy).
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember.
- If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule. Do not take the double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cefixime?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
Q: I was given this medicine for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
- No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, but some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway....
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
CBD Oil for Pain: A Comprehensive Review on Its Effectiveness
Key Highlights: Introduction Lately, CBD oil has been in the limelight as a potential natural answer to various health concerns. These include many forms of pain relief. Extracted from the cannabis plant, CBD oil is praised for its possible healing effects without the mind-altering impacts often linked to marijuana. In this in-depth blog post, we
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.