Cefine 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cefine 200 MG Description
Cefine Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and
cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Cefine Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
- Cefxtrue 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.50₹ 91.37₹
- Safexim 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.31₹ 83.52₹
- Cefrax 200mg Tablet 10'sBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.74₹ 75.42₹
- Cefix 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.39₹ 83.57₹
- Maxicef O 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.35₹ 92.95₹
- Cefi 200mg TabletBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.31₹ 101.41₹
- Ritecef O 200mg Dt Tablets 10'sBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.74₹ 91.58₹
- Milixim 200mg TabletBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.17₹ 72.31₹
- Odicef O 200mg TabletBy Galpha Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 111.38₹ 111.38₹
- Hifen Dt 200mg TabletBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 101.50₹ 101.50₹
Uses of Cefine 200 MG
- Cefine Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Cefine 200 MG
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Cefine Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Cefine 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefine 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Cefine Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Cefine Tablet.
Mode of Action of Cefine 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefine 200 MG
- Cefine Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Cefine 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefine Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Cefine Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Cefine 200 MG
- Store Cefine Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cefine 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Cefine Tablet for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking Cefine Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Cefine Tablet if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Cefine Tablet?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]