Cefective 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Cefective 200 MG Description
Cefective Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine conta
ining cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Cefective Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using Cefective Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Xop 200 Mg Tablet 6By Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.00₹ 155.55₹ 25.93/Tablet
- Foloup 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 168.25₹ 144.7031.91% CHEAPER₹ 14.47/Tablet
- Gudcef 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.90₹ 139.3134.45% CHEAPER₹ 13.93/Tablet
- Kefmax 200mg TabletBy Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 209.50₹ 178.0716.19% CHEAPER₹ 17.81/Tablet
- Cefoprox 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.99₹ 162.3423.62% CHEAPER₹ 16.23/Tablet
- Oxipod 200mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.65₹ 131.7338.02% CHEAPER₹ 13.17/Tablet
- Cepodem 200mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 189.00₹ 160.6524.38% CHEAPER₹ 16.07/Tablet
- Bactogard 200mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 167.50₹ 142.3732.99% CHEAPER₹ 14.24/Tablet
- Doxcef 200mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.40₹ 157.5925.84% CHEAPER₹ 15.76/Tablet
- Cefentod 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Entod Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.20₹ 155.7226.73% CHEAPER₹ 15.57/Tablet
Uses of Cefective 200 MG
- Cefective Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of Cefective 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of Cefective Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cefective 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefective 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Cefective Tablet.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Cefective 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefective 200 MG
Interactions of Cefective 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefective Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with Cefective Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cefective 200 MG
- Store Cefective Tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cefective 200 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Cefective Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Cefective Tablet be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Cefective Tablet without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Cefective Tablet before the prescribed duration?
Q: What is Cefective Tablet?
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]