Ceastra Xl 100mg Strip Of 7 Capsules
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
7 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ceastra Capsule is an antifungal medicine containing itraconazole as its active ingredient. It is used to treat fungal infections. This medicine works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of fungal cells by inhibiting the enzyme. Do not use it if you are allergic to Itraconazole, pregnant or breastfeeding. Ceastra Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You may experience side effects like dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, rash while on treatment with this medicine. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition then inform your doctor....
Uses of Ceastra 100 MG
Ceastra Capsule is used for the treatment of fungal infection of the nails, skin, mouth, eyes, vagina and other internal organs.
Contraindications of Ceastra 100 MG
- You are allergic to itraconazole or any other ingredient of Ceastra Capsule.
- If you are suffering from any heart problems.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Side effects of Ceastra 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Tingling sensation
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Ceastra 100 MG
Can I take Ceastra Xl 100mg Strip Of 7 Capsules during pregnancy?
- Ceastra Capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby.
- If you are taking this medicine, proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 2 months after the final dose.
Can I take Ceastra Xl 100mg Strip Of 7 Capsules while breastfeeding?
Itraconazole passes into breast milk in low amounts. Thus, your doctor will decide either discontinuing Ceastra Capsule or the breastfeeding after assessing the potential risk on breastfeeding infant over the risk of delayed treatment on breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ceastra Xl 100mg Strip Of 7 Capsules?
You may experience visual disturbances, hearing loss and dizziness while on treatment. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking Ceastra Capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with Ceastra Xl 100mg Strip Of 7 Capsules?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may worsen the side effects of Ceastra Capsule.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Ceastra Capsule.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, etc.
- You experience shortness of breath, unexpected weight gain, swollen legs or stomach or tiredness. Stop taking Ceastra Capsule as these may be signs of heart failure.
Mode of Action of Ceastra 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Itraconazole in Ceastra Capsule works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme, thus the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane....
Directions for Use of Ceastra 100 MG
Ceastra Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, immediately after a meal. Do not open, cut or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Ceastra 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health issues, diabetes, cancer, HIV infection, low blood cholesterol, migraine, fits, allergic reactions.
Storage and disposal of Ceastra 100 MG
- Store Ceastra Capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ceastra 100 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Ceastra Capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Ceastra Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Ceastra Capsule?
A: Ceastra Capsule is used for the treatment of fungal infection of the nails, skin, mouth, eyes, vagina and other internal organs.
Q: What precautions should I take when using Ceastra Capsule?
A: Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods. Ceastra Capsule can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently. Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Ceastra Capsule?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Ceastra Capsule may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- Itraconazole 100mg Capsules, hard - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Itraconazole 100mg Capsules, hard - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Sporanox (itraconazole) Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Itraconazole - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.