Carviflo 10mg Capsules
Carviflo 10 MG Description
Carviflo Capsule is a blood pressure-lowering medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains carvedilol as an active ingredient. Carviflo Capsule is also used for the treatment o
f heart failure and heart-related conditions in patients who have had a heart attack. It works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing the heart rate. This improves blood flow and hence decreases blood pressure. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor in the doses and duration it is prescribed for. High blood pressure and heart failure are critical health conditions, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better.
Uses of Carviflo 10 MG
Contraindications of Carviflo 10 MG
Side effects of Carviflo 10 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increase in weight
- Visual disturbance
- Infection of airways and lungs
- Urinary tract infection
- Feeling low
- Slow heart rate
- Swelling and water retention
Precautions and Warnings of Carviflo 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from heart-related problems.
- You have diabetes, as this medicine can mask the symptoms of low blood sugar.
- You have liver, kidney or thyroid-related problems.
- You have poor blood circulation affecting your hands, feet or lower legs (Raynaud’s phenomenon).
- You have experienced any allergic reactions in the past.
- You wear contact lenses, as this medicine can make your eyes dry.
Mode of Action of Carviflo 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Carviflo 10 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably with food.
- Since Carviflo Capsule is to be taken for critical disease, do not skip the dose of this medicine.
Interactions of Carviflo 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used for lowering high blood pressure and medicines which can cause low blood pressure as a side effect if taken along with this medicine can lead to pronounced low blood pressure.
- Carviflo Capsules can increase blood glucose-lowering effect of anti-diabetic medicines and mask the symptoms of low blood glucose. Regular monitoring of blood glucose is suggested for such patients.
- You should not take this medicine if you are currently being treated with injections of verapamil or diltiazem (used in the treatment of high blood pressure or heart problems).
- Medicines used for chest pain due to a heart condition should not be taken along with this medicine.
- Anaesthetics, pain killers, medicines used to treat mental health conditions, migraine, heart conditions, hormone replacement therapy should be taken cautiously and discussed well in advance with the treating doctor. Any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking, discuss with your doctor while he prescribes you with this medicine....