Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Canditral 100mg Capsule is an 'Anti-fungal' medicine containing Itraconazole. This medicine is broadly classified as antimicrobials. Canditral 100mg Capsule is given to treat topical as well as a systemic fungal infection. It acts by inhibiting the formation of the fungal cell wall, resulting in fungal cell death. Canditral 100mg Capsule should not be taken by pregnant women. Food increases the absorption of this medicine in the blood, thus increases the effect of Canditral 100mg Capsule. You may get side effects like headache, stomach pain, nausea while taking this medicine. Mostly the side effects may occur for a short duration and recover soon. If it worsens, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Uses of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
Canditral 100mg Capsule is used to treat systemic or topical fungal infections caused by various organisms.
Contraindications of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to Itraconazole or any other ingredient of Canditral 100mg Capsule.
- If you have heart disease such as irregular heart rate, heart failure.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Abdominal pain
- Altered liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Canditral 100mg Capsule during pregnancy?
- Canditral 100mg Capsule should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause potential harm to the unborn baby and also lead to threatened pregnancy.
- Women with childbearing age are advised to use contraception when on this medicine.
Can I take Canditral 100mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available about the use of Canditral 100mg Capsule during breastfeeding. Your doctor might prescribe you this medicine after considering it to be safe and needed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Canditral 100mg Capsule?
If you experience dizziness, visual disturbances and hearing loss after taking Canditral 100mg Capsule, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Canditral 100mg Capsule?
The effect of alcohol on Canditral 100mg Capsule is unknown. Limit the quantity of alcohol consumption while on this medicine as it may cause liver damage and dizziness. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart, liver disease.
- You have an acidity problem and are on medicines.
- You experience any side effect after taking this medicine.
- You had organ transplantation or are immunocompromised.
- Canditral 100mg Capsule should be used in children only if it is necessary.
Mode of Action of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Canditral 100mg Capsule acts by blocking the enzymes essential for the formation of the fungal cell wall and ultimately causing fungal death.
Directions for Use of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
Canditral 100mg Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat pain such as levacetylmethadol, methadone should not be used along with this medicine.
- Medicine used to treat irregular heartbeat such as disopyramide, dofetilide, dronedarone, quinidine should not be used with this medicine.
- Antimicrobials used to treat infections such as halofantrine, telithromycin should be avoided.
- Medicine used to treat migraine such as dihydroergotamine, ergometrine, ergotamine, methylergometrine should be avoided.
- Blood thinner medicine such as dabigatran, ticagrelor with Canditral 100mg Capsule should be avoided.
- Lipid-lowering medicine like atorvastatin, lovastatin, simvastatin should be avoided.
- Medicine used to treat fits such as carbamazepine decreases the effect of Canditral 100mg Capsule when used concomitantly.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Canditral 100mg Capsule must be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Canditral 100 Strip Of 10 Capsules
If you have taken too much of Canditral 100mg Capsule, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to take any dose of Canditral 100mg Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I have to take Canditral 100mg Capsule?
A: Canditral 100mg Capsule depends upon the size and site of the infection. Skin infections usually take time to heal and get cured.
Q: Is it possible to develop resistance to Canditral 100mg Capsule?
A: To avoid developing resistance to Canditral 100mg Capsule you should complete the course of the medication.
Q: I do not see any improvement. Should I stop taking Canditral 100mg Capsule?
A: No, do not stop taking Canditral 100mg Capsule without completing the course else your infection will not be completely cured.
Q: Can Canditral 100mg Capsule treat ringworm infection?
A: Yes, ringworm infection is a type of fungal infection. Thus, Canditral 100mg Capsule can be used to treat ringworm infection.
Q: Is Canditral 100mg Capsule an antibiotic?
- No, Canditral 100mg Capsule does not treat bacterial infection. Thus, it is not an antibiotic.
- This medicine helps to treat fungal infection. Thus, it is an antifungal medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved