C Quin Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
By IKON REMEDIES PRIVATE LIMITED
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
C Quin 50 MG Description
C Quin Syrup is primarily used to prevent and treat malaria. It contains chloroquine, as its active ingredient that belongs to an antimalarial class of medicines. This medicine works by acting direct
ly on malaria-causing organisms and thus inhibiting their growth. C Quin Syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Before taking this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹1.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treat or prevent malaria|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache, itching|
Check more medicines with composition as Chloroquine(50.0 Mg)
Uses of C Quin 50 MG
Treat and prevent malaria.
Contraindications of C Quin 50 MG
- If you are allergic to chloroquine or any of the ingredients of C Quin Syrup.
- If you are taking medicine to control heart rate such as amiodarone. Because simultaneous use may cause irregular heart rate.
Side effects of C Quin 50 MG
- Tingling or pricking sensation
- Hair loss
- Darkening of nails
- Unable to sleep
Precautions and Warnings of C Quin 50 MG
Can I take C Quin Bottle Of 60ml Syrup during pregnancy?
This medicine can be recommended during pregnancy only if your doctor considers it essential. C Quin Syrup may affect the fetus. Therefore, if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, you must inform the doctor.
Can I take C Quin Bottle Of 60ml Syrup while breastfeeding?
C Quin Syrup should not be used by breastfeeding women as components of this syrup may pass into breastmilk and can harm the breastfed baby. A breastfeeding mother should take this medicine only under a doctor's recommendation. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed C Quin Bottle Of 60ml Syrup?
At the initial stage of treatment, you may experience blurred vision as a side effect which may affect your driving ability. So, if you experience such effects, then do not drive or operate machinery until the effect of this medicine wears off.
Can I consume alcohol with C Quin Bottle Of 60ml Syrup?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. So it is important to consult your physician if you if you drink too often. However, it may be best to hold off on drinking alcohol until you have finished treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney disorder.
- You have any kind of blood disorder.
- You are suffering from fits or any kind of nerve disorder.
- You are suffering from a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You have any kind of digestive system disease.
- You have an inherited condition of glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency such as favism (a hereditary disorder involving an allergic-like reaction to ceratin food)
Mode of Action of C Quin 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Chloroquine present in C Quin Syrup works by acting directly on malaria-causing organisms called plasmodium and thus inhibiting their growth.
Directions for Use of C Quin 50 MG
- Take this syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Follow your doctor's dosing instructions very carefully.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of C Quin 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- C Quin Syrup may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications, and herbal preparations....
- Especially if you are taking any other anti-malarial medications, anti-parasitic medicines like praziquantel, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anti-epileptic medicines, heart-related medicines like digoxin etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibiotics like moxifloxacin, ciprofloxacin, Antacids, and adsorbents used to treat heartburn like cimetidine, kaolin etc.
- Avoid taking rabies vaccination or oral typhoid vaccine during the treatment with C Quin. It may impair the activity of these vaccines. So, it is advised to take these vaccines at least 3 days prior before starting the treatment with this medicine....
Storage and disposal of C Quin 50 MG
- Store it below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of C Quin 50 MG
There is limited information about the effect of an overdose of C Quin. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible. Try to carry the pack of the medicine to make overdose assessment easier for doctor/hospital staff....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-malarial medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking C Quin Syrup on my own?
A: No, stopping this medicine suddenly may result in treatment failure and incomplete eradication of malaria-causing organisms from the body. Thereby increasing the risk of re-infection. You must complete the course of treatment prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I take C Quin Syrup along with antibiotic medicine?
A: No, do not take C Quin Syrup with other antibiotics, as it may cause adverse effects on the heart. You must consult a doctor before taking any other medicine during the treatment with C Quin to avoid any interaction or unwanted effect.
Q: What is the composition of C Quin Syrup?
A: The composition of C Quin Syrup consists of chloroquine, as its active ingredient that belongs to an antimalarial class of medicines.
Q: Is C Quin Syrup an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, C Quin Syrup is anti-malarial medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed