C Pram S 5mg Tablet
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
C Pram S tablet is an antidepressant medication used to treat the major depressive disorder and other mental health conditions like anxiety, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Major depressive disorder or depression is characterised by episodes of sadness, mood swings, loss of interest, hopelessness and loneliness, etc. In contrast, anxiety disorder is a mental health condition characterised by episodes of fear, worry, nervousness, sweating and rapid heartbeat. C Pram S tablet contains Escitalopram as an active ingredient. Escitalopram works by increasing serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical messenger responsible for elevating the mood, improving energy and reducing nervousness. C Pram S tablet should be taken after the doctor’s consultation. Many side effects are associated with this medicine, so dosage must be carefully monitored. The patient should not stop taking this medicine suddenly without consulting the doctor, as it can cause worsen their condition or lead to withdrawal symptoms....
|You Save||₹8.65 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Treatment of major depressive disorder, Generalised anxiety disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, Fatigue, Confusion, Drowsiness, Increased sweating, Insomnia, Sexual dysfunction|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(5.0 Mg)
Uses of C Pram S 5 MG
- As per CDSCO, C Pram S tablet is used for the following:
- Treatment of the major depressive disorder
- Treatment of generalised anxiety disorder
- Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Treatment of the panic disorder
Contraindications of C Pram S 5 MG
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to Escitalopram
- If you take Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) like Selegiline, Rasagiline and antipsychotic medicine-pimozide
- If you are already using other anti-anxiety or sedative medications
- If you have acute angle glaucoma, which increases the fluid pressure in the eyes
- If you have liver or kidney disease
- If you have respiratory issues
- If you have a heart condition
- If you are pregnant and a lactating mother
Side effects of C Pram S 5 MG
- The side effects of C Pram S tablets include the following:
- Increased sweating
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Sexual dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of C Pram S 5 MG
Can I take a C Pram S tablet during pregnancy?
C Pram S tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. Studies have shown harmful effects of the medicines on the developing baby. Pregnant women are advised to take C Pram S tablet only if their doctor recommends it. Sometimes your doctor may prescribe this tablet only during life-threatening conditions if they think the benefits outweigh the risks.
Can I take a C Pram S tablet while breastfeeding?
C Pram S tablet is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers. Studies show it gets excreted into breast milk and can harm the baby. Discuss the potential risks and benefits of taking this medicine with your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken the C Pram S tablet?
C Pram S tablet may cause side effects that could affect your driving ability. This tablet may decrease alertness, affect your vision, and cause lethargy, lightheadedness, and dizziness. Do not drive if you experience these side effects after taking the C Pram S tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with the C Pram S tablet?
Avoid alcohol consumption with C Pram S tablet. It increases the severity of side effects like dizziness, blurred vision, lethargy, drowsiness, etc. It also worsens the condition of the disease for which you are taking this tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the C Pram S tablet.
- You experience any self-harming thoughts or suicidal ideation.
- You notice a sudden decrease or loss of vision.
- You experience severe side effects continuously.
- You have trouble breathing or talking.
- You have mild or severe liver and kidney disease; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy during the course of this medicine.
- You are using any ayurvedic/herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of C Pram S 5 MG
How Does It Work?
C Pram S tablet contains Escitalopram-5mg as an active ingredient. Escitalopram belongs to the Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) class of medicine. It works by preventing the reuptake of serotonin by the nerve cells, which increases the level of a chemical messenger called serotonin in the brain. Increased level of serotonin directly leads to improved mood and relieves symptoms of anxiety and depression....
Directions for Use of C Pram S 5 MG
- Take the C Pram S Tablet as prescribed by the physician.
- Take C Pram S Tablet with or without food or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take C Pram S Tablet on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Take the whole tablet orally with a glass of water. Do not break or chew this medicine.
- Do not take C Pram S Tablet with other medications without consulting your doctor.
- Do not stop taking C Pram S Tablet suddenly, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
- Do not exceed the dosage on your own, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of C Pram S 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your physician about your prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements you take or plan to take as there is a chance of mediation interaction. Many medicines can interact with C Pram S Tablet, making it less effective or increasing side effects. This includes the following:...
- MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) like Selegiline, Rasagiline, Isocarboxazid, other antidepressants, lithium, triptans, buspirone, amphetamines, tramadol, tryptophan, are strictly contraindicated with C Pram S tablet as it may cause serotonin syndrome....
- C Pram S Tablet interaction with metoprolol can lead to excessive bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- C Pram S tablet interaction with tricyclic antidepressants, antipsychotics (pimozide, haloperidol), and antihistamines can prolong QT interval.
- C Pram S tablet interaction with NSAIDs, Aspirin, and other medications which affect coagulation may increase the risk of bleeding and bruising.
- C Pram S tablet may also interact with Herbal supplements like St. John’s wort, leading to severe side effects.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid consuming C Pram S tablets with cola drinks, caffeine-containing food items and chocolates as it can result in serotonin syndrome or high serotonin levels.
Storage and disposal of C Pram S 5 MG
Store C Pram S tablet away from sunlight in a cool and dry spot. Make sure that medication is out of reach from children and pet animals. Keep your tablets in their original packing until it is time to take them. Do not flush C Pram S tablet down into the toilet nor throw away the medicines via household waste. Do not use C Pram S tablet after the expiry date stated on the label. Dispose of the expired medicine immediately....
Dosage of C Pram S 5 MG
Overdose of C Pram S tablet can result in symptoms like a heartbeat, low blood pressure, slowing of heart rate, irregular sleepiness, double vision, difficulty breathing, cardiac arrest, ECG changes (change in heart functioning) and coma. If you experience these overdose symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you have missed a dose of the C Pram S tablet, take it as you remember. If it is already time to take the next scheduled dose, then take that dose. Do not double doses as it can cause overdose side effects. Talk to your doctor if you keep missing the dose regularly....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take the C Pram S Tablet before I see improvement in my symptoms?
A: C Pram S tablet is to be taken until you see an improvement in your health conditions. However, it usually takes between 4 to 6 weeks before you see improvement in your symptoms. Once you feel better, you are advised to continually take this medicine for several more months to prevent the symptoms from returning.
Q: Does taking C Pram S tablet affects my sexual life?
A: C Pram S Tablet can cause decreased sexual drive, problems getting an erection and ejaculating, difficulty in achieving orgasm in women. These side effects usually resolve by themselves after a few weeks. However, if you persistently experience these side effects, consult your doctor.
Q: Does suddenly stopping the consumption of C Pram S tablet lead to withdrawal symptoms?
A: Suddenly stopping the consumption of C Pram S tablet causes withdrawal symptoms, including confusion, diarrhoea, vomiting, agitation, nausea, tremor, and sweating. Consult your doctor before you stop consuming the C Pram S tablet, as doses need to be tapered slowly to avoid unwanted side effects.
- Landy K, Rosani A, Estevez R. Escitalopram [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- Escitalopram: an antidepressant [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- Drugs H. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- DailyMed - ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
C PRAM S
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.