Brutaflam 90mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Brutaflam 90 MG Description
Brutaflam 90 mg tablet is a pain-relieving medicine used for relieving moderate pain and swelling in various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, and dental s
urgery. It contains etoricoxib, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAID). This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of a pain-causing chemical substance in the body. Take this medicine as suggested by your doctor. Taking Brutaflam 90 mg tablet longer and higher than the prescribed dose and duration can increase the risk of heart conditions.
|You Save||₹15.20 (13% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Stomach ache, indigestion, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Etoricoxib(90.0 Mg)
Uses of Brutaflam 90 MG
Brutaflam 90 mg tablet is used to provide relief from the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, ankylosing spondylitis (swelling and pain in the spine) and dental surgery.
Contraindications of Brutaflam 90 MG
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib or any other ingredient of Brutaflam 90 mg tablet.
- If you have history of allergies to other pain killers such as breathing difficulty, runny nose,itching, facial swelling
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- If your age is below 16.
- If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, bleeding from the intestine or inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you are suffering from heart diseases, peripheral arterial disease (circulatory problem in which narrowed arteries reduce blood flow to your limbs), or cerebrovascular disease such as stroke
- If you are suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Side effects of Brutaflam 90 MG
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of legs or feet (oedema)
Precautions and Warnings of Brutaflam 90 MG
Can I take Brutaflam 90 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- Brutaflam 90 mg tablet must not be taken during pregnancy.
- If you are pregnant or think you can be pregnant, do not take this medicine and talk to your doctor.
- If you get pregnant during treatment, discontinue the medicine and contact your doctor.
Can I take Brutaflam 90 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Brutaflam 90 mg tablet on breast milk. Thus, this medicine should not be taken while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Brutaflam 90 mg tablet?
Brutaflam 90 mg tablet can cause dizziness, spinning sensation (vertigo) or sleepiness, if you experience any of these effects, it is advised not to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Brutaflam 90 mg tablet?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, drinking alcohol while taking Brutaflam 90 mg tablet can worsen the side effects like dizziness and the increased risk of bleeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have high blood pressure; your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You are suffering from liver disease or kidney disease.
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increases the chance of heart disease.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
Mode of Action of Brutaflam 90 MG
How Does It Work?
Etoricoxib in Brutaflam 90 mg tablet works by reducing the generation of prostaglandins that are responsible for pain and inflammation in the body.
Directions for Use of Brutaflam 90 MG
- Take Brutaflam 90 mg tablet as advised by your doctor, as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it for more time than the prescribed dose or duration.
Interactions of Brutaflam 90 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Brutaflam 90 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking blood-thinning medicines (anticoagulants) like Warfarin, Rifampicin for various infections, medicines used to suppress the immune system and often used in rheumatoid arthritis such as Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus, medicines like Lithium used to treat psychiatric illnesses, high blood pressure and heart failure medicines like Enalapril and Ramipril, and Losartan and Valsartan, diuretics, heart failure and irregular heart rhythm medicines like Digoxin, medicines used to treat asthma such as Salbutamol, medicines used for hormone replacement therapy, oral contraceptive pills, aspirin....
Storage and disposal of Brutaflam 90 MG
- Store the Brutaflam 90 mg tablet in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Brutaflam 90 MG
If you think you have had an overdose of tBrutaflam 90 mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Brutaflam 90 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I consult with the doctor while taking Brutaflam 90 mg tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection because Brutaflam 90 mg tablet can mask the symptoms of a severe infection.
- For osteoarthritis, weight control and regular exercising can increase muscle strength and reduce the load on joints.
Q: Can I take Aspirin when I am taking Brutaflam 90 mg tablet?
- Do not take a high dose of Aspirin (above 300mg) generally given for pain relief.
- Taking Brutaflam 90 mg tablet along with such high doses of Aspirin can increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- If you are taking Aspirin for heart disease (generally low dose), do not discontinue on your own, inform your doctor.
Q: Can Brutaflam 90 mg tablet be given to elderly people?
A: Brutaflam 90 mg tablet should be used with caution in elderly people, since they are at high risk of getting side effects. This medicine should be used under the doctor's supervision.
- Etoricoxib 120 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- Etoricoxib 120 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed