Bezit 500mg Tab (beulah)
By BEULAH BIOMEDICS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) is an antibiotic and is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, skin, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ears, throat, tonsils, airways, lungs and nasal passage, sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections, infections of the urinary system and genital parts in females.
Contraindications of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class as erythromycin or any ingredient of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) .
Side effects of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
Can I take Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) , as there is limited safety data available during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin is present in breastmilk in low levels, thus please contact your doctor before using Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) while breastfeeding. If prescribed by a doctor, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)?
Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) may cause dizziness or fits as side effects, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)?
You must avoid consuming alcohol along with Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) .
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) .
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin in Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that cause infection.
Directions for Use of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
- Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) .
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously.Read less
Storage and disposal of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
- Store Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah)
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) , contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) , then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) ?
A: Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Are there any side effects with Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) ?
A: You may experience side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, upset stomach, etc while using Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) .
Q: Can I take Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to a bacterial or a viral infection. Do not take Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) before completing the treatment, as it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: Can I take Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) for fever?
A: Bezit 500mg Tab (Beulah) is an antibiotic and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella.
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Azithromycin - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 14 May 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved