Betnesol Oral Drops
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betnesol oral drops contains betamethasone as the active ingredient. It is a corticosteroid medication that belongs to the steroid hormone class of medicines. It is used to reduce swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions. It is also used for the treatment of asthma, arthritis, Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis. This medicine should be taken in the exact duration and dose as instructed by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Betnesol 0.5 MG
- Betnesol oral drops is used to reduce swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions.
- It is also used to treat asthma, arthritis, Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis.
Contraindications of Betnesol 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to betamethasone or any other ingredient of Betnesol oral drops.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- If you have fungal infections, tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, or acne.
- If you are scheduled for taking vaccinations.
Side effects of Betnesol 0.5 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Betnesol 0.5 MG
Can I take Betnesol oral drops during pregnancy?
Betnesol oral drops should not be used during pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor for more details.
Can I take Betnesol oral drops while breastfeeding?
It is not known if Betnesol oral drops pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor for more details about the use of this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Betnesol oral drops?
Betnesol oral drops do not alter or affect your ability to drive. If you experience any side effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Betnesol oral drops?
There is no known interaction of Betnesol oral drops with alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice on the use of alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are administering this medication to pediatric patients.
Mode of Action of Betnesol 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Betnesol oral drops works by decreasing the action of certain chemicals present in the body that causes swelling, redness, and pain.
Directions for Use of Betnesol 0.5 MG
- Use Betnesol oral drops as and when prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed.
- Measure the dosage with the marked dropper and take it as directed.
Interactions of Betnesol 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicine may affect the way Betnesol oral drops works or Betnesol oral drops can itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particular care should be taken when using medicines such as arthritis medications, aspirin, cyclosporine, diuretics, antifungals like itraconazole, antibiotics, live vaccines, and oral contraceptives....
Storage and disposal of Betnesol 0.5 MG
- Do not store Betnesol oral drops above 25°C.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Betnesol 0.5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Betnesol oral drops include stomach pain, vomiting, thinning of the skin, increased acne or facial hair, menstrual problems. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Betnesol oral drops, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Betnesol oral drops?
A: Inform your doctor about blood clotting problems, kidney and liver diseases, diabetes and allergies, including fungal infections.
Q: How frequently can I take Betnesol oral drops?
A: Use this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor, do not take this medication frequently unless told by your doctor.
Q: How long does Betnesol oral drops take to work?
A: The effect of this medication depends on the severity of the problem. Your doctor will prescribe you the duration of the course based on the actual diagnosis.
Q: Can I continue to take Betnesol oral drops after the course for better results?
A: Do not continue this medication and follow-up with your doctor after the duration of the prescribed course.
Q: What is the use of Betnesol oral drops?
- Betnesol oral drops are used to reduce swelling, redness, itching and allergic reactions.
Q: Can Betnesol oral drops be used in children?
A: Yes, Betnesol oral drops can be used in children only if recommended by your doctor. Do not give this medicine to your child on your own.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.