Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betnesol tablet is used in relieving inflammation (redness, swelling, itching) which is associated with different types of diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma, skin and other allergic
conditions. Betnesol tablet is a steroid medicine containing betamethasone as its active ingredient. Take the medicine exactly as told by the doctor. Do not miss any dose or stop taking it without consulting the doctor. You must complete the entire course with the medicine. Some common side effects of Betnesol tablets are nausea, indigestion, heartburn but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Before using the Betnesol tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
Betnesol tablet is used to treat inflammation (swelling, redness) due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, skin allergies, other allergic conditions, etc.
Contraindications of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to betamethasone or any other ingredients of the Betnesol tablet.
- If you have any infection and have not yet started medicines to treat it.
Side effects of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
- Increased sweating
- Increased appetite
- Thinning of bones
Precautions and Warnings of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
Can I take the Betnesol tablet during pregnancy?
Betnesol tablet must be avoided during pregnancy, as they may be harmful. However, the doctor may prescribe you the medicine after assessing the benefits over risks. If you get pregnant while on treatment, consult the doctor. Do not stop the medicine unless told to do so by the doctor.
Can I take the Betnesol tablet while breastfeeding?
Betnesol tablet is likely to pass into milk. Thus, consult the doctor before using the medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed a Betnesol tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Betnesol tablet on driving. However, if you may not feel well or unable to be alert, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Betnesol tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Betnesol tablet. It is essential to consult the physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any type of infection.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have diabetes, tuberculosis or fits.
- You have an underactive thyroid gland.
- You have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have a condition of muscle weakness.
- You have osteoporosis (bones becoming weak).
- You have eye problems like blurred vision, etc.
- You or the family members had or have glaucoma.
- You are suffering from mental health problems.
- You had chickenpox, shingles, measles or have been in contact with a person who has it.
Mode of Action of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Betamethasone works by binding to steroid receptors present in the cells, activating natural substances in the skin to reduce swelling, redness and itching.
Directions for Use of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
- Take Betnesol tablet exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions. Do not exceed the dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Betnesol tablet works or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....Read more
- Medicines like carbenoxolone, oral contraceptive pills, mifepristone, vecuronium, tretinoin, quetiapine should be used cautiously along with the Betnesol tablet.
- Also, inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
- Betnesol tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Betnesol 0.5mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much Betnesol tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of this medicine to
compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does the Betnesol tablet contain?
A: Betnesol tablet contains betamethasone as an active ingredient.
Q: Is Betnesol tablet a steroid medicine?
A: Yes, the Betnesol tablet contains betamethasone, which is a steroid.
Q: How should I take the Betnesol tablet?
A: Take a Betnesol tablet with a glass of water. Swallow it as an entire. Do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It should be taken as directed by a doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Betnesol medicine if I feel my symptoms are gone?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking the medicine until it is advised by the doctor, even if you feel your symptoms have disappeared. If you do, you may not be completely cured and it may produce side effects.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Betnelan Tablet [Internet]. India-pharma.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Aug 2021 | 02:43 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved