Betasalic S Oint
By DERMOCARE LABORATORIES
20g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betasalic S Oint contains a combination of two medicines, Betamethasone and Salicylic acid, which are used for local application on the skin when prescribed by your doctor. Betasalic S Oint helps in r
educing the symptoms of itching and redness even on scaly and thickened skin surfaces. Use this medicine as advised by your doctor, complete the prescribed duration of treatment....
Uses of Betasalic S Oint
- Dry, scaly conditions of the skin
- Autoimmune diseases of skin like psoriasis, lichen planus
- Redness and itching (dermatitis) of the skin
Contraindications of Betasalic S Oint
- If you are allergic to Betamethasone, Salicylic acid or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any acute bacterial infection, viral or fungal infection of the skin.
- If you have an eroded or open wound on the skin.
- If you have any other skin problems like rosacea, a skin condition that affects the face (rosacea), acne, dermatitis (skin inflammation) around the mouth, genital itching, nappy rash, cold sores, chickenpox or other undiagnosed skin conditions....Read more
Side effects of Betasalic S Oint
- Thinning and dryness of skin
- Peeling off skin
- Excessive hair growth on the area treated
- Reduced skin pigmentation and allergic skin reactions (burning, redness and itching)
- Secondary infections, hair follicle infections on long term use
Precautions and Warnings of Betasalic S Oint
Can I use Betasalic S Oint during pregnancy?
It is not considered safe to use Betasalic S Oint during pregnancy. Consult your doctor. Do not use this medicine without a prescription.
Can I use Betasalic S Oint while breastfeeding?
Betasalic S Oint should be avoided by breastfeeding mothers. Do not apply to breasts in any case.
Can I drive if I have used Betasalic S Oint?
You may drive after you have applied Betasalic S Oint. Consult your doctor about sun-exposure and avoid the sun.
Can I consume alcohol with Betasalic S Oint?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often, then discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an undiagnosed problem with the skin.
- You do not find any improvement in your condition after 3-4 days of use.
- You notice redness, pain, burning or rashes after application.
- You are suffering from any serious health issue or infection.
- You are using a bandage or dressing or you have a cut wound.
- You are diagnosed with psoriasis.
- Do not smoke or go close to the flame while you have applied this medicine.
- Do not use it for longer than prescribed periods, especially in children.
Mode of Action of Betasalic S Oint
How Does It Work?
Betasalic S Oint contains Betamethasone, which is a steroid medicine that reduces redness and itching on the skin and Salicylic Acid, which dissolves the scaly upper crust of skin lesions and helps Be
tamethasone to act effectively on deeper layers of skin....
Directions for Use of Betasalic S Oint
- Use Betasalic S Oint as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only. Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Betasalic S Oint
Interactions with other medicines
Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treat
ing other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Betasalic S Oint
- Store below 25 degrees C, in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine.
Dosage of Betasalic S Oint
- As Betasalic S Oint is meant for external application, cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Betasalic S Oint for my baby's diaper rash?
A: No, do not use Betasalic S Oint on the diaper rash of your baby. Consult a doctor and follow his advice.
Q: How to apply Betasalic S Oint?
- Wash and dry your hands before opening the tube.
- Clean and dry the area of skin where you have to apply this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of medicine gently on the affected skin and leave it.
Q: Can I use Betasalic S Oint under my dressing?
A: Do not use Betasalic S Oint under a dressing or bandage.
Q: Will Betasalic S Oint make my skin dark?
A: Betasalic S Oint can make the treated area of your skin appear light for some time. The natural skin colour usually comes back after some time.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:16 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved