Betadine 5% Cream 10gm
Betadine 5 % Description
Betadine Cream is a topical antiseptic that is used to treat & prevent infections in minor wounds or cuts. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can cause infection in mino
r cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns. It contains povidone-iodine as its active ingredient. A person with a known allergy to povidone-iodine should not use this medicine. Betadine Cream is meant for external use and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Betadine 5 %
Contraindications of Betadine 5 %
- If you are allergic to Povidone Iodine or any other ingredient of Betadine Cream
- If you have a thyroid problem such as goiter or Hashimoto's disease (a thyroid disease).
- If you are taking a medicine containing Lithium, used for the treatment of a brain-related disorder.
Side effects of Betadine 5 %
Precautions and Warnings of Betadine 5 %
- Lactating mothers should avoid the use of Betadine Cream as it can increase the levels of iodine in breastmilk and cause thyroid-related disorder in a breastfed infant.
- Although it is minimally absorbed through intact adult skin, lactating mothers' exposure should be minimized by using it for a short duration in the smallest possible area and in a lower concentration....
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergies or skin reactions after using this Cream, discontinue the treatment and talk yo your doctor.
- Your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood.
- You are going for any routine lab test for thyroid, as this medicine may affect the results.
- Do not use in eyes or areas near eyes or any sensitive area of your skin.
- This Cream should not be used for the prolonged duration on larger skin areas.
- Betadine Cream should not be used for children below two years of age.
- It should not be used on eyes and for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Betadine 5 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Betadine 5 %
- Use Betadine Cream as directed by your doctor.
- Gently clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Cream.
- Apply a small amount of this medicine to the affected area.
- Let dry and cover with a sterile bandage if required.
Interactions of Betadine 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Betadine 5 %
- Store Betadine Cream at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Betadine 5 %
- Since Betadine Cream is meant only for external applications, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess Cream with a clean tissue or cotton....
- Excessive use of it for a prolonged duration is not advised. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Betadine Cream used for?
Q: How does Betadine work?
Q: For how many days should I use Betadine?
Q: Is Betadine Cream an antibiotic?
Q: When should you not use Betadine?
Other Products from this Brand
- BETADINE 2% GARGLE BIG MINT 100ML
- BETADINE 10% SOLUTION 100ML
- BETADINE 2% GARGLE MINT 50ML
- BETADINE 5% OINT 125GM
- BETADINE 10% TUBE OF 20GM OINTMENT
- BETADINE 5% BOTTLE OF 10GM MICROBICIDAL SPRINKLING POWDER
- BETADINE 10% SOLUTION 500ML
- BETADINE 200MG VAG PESSARIES
- BETADINE 5% SQUAT JAR OF 250GM OINTMENT
- BETADINE 7.5% SCRUB 50ML