Baroxime Cv Tablet
By BARODA PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Baroxime Cv Tab contains a combination of Cefpodoxime and Clavulanic acid. Cefpodoxime belongs to a class of medicines called Cephalosporin and Clavulanic acid belongs to beta-lactam class.
Uses of Baroxime Cv Tab
- Treatment of urinary tract infection
- To treat pneumonia
- To treat throat and tonsil infection
- Treatment of skin infections
- Treatment of ear infections
- It can also treat acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
- To treat general sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Baroxime Cv Tab
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to cephalosporin class of antibiotics
- If you have an infection that is caused by bacteria Clostridium difficile
- If you have liver or kidney problems
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Baroxime Cv Tab
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash.
Precautions and Warnings of Baroxime Cv Tab
Can I take Baroxime Cv Tab during pregnancy?
- It is advisable not to take this medicine during pregnancy
- The safety of this medicine is not established
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Baroxime Cv Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is advisable not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine
- The components of this medicine pass into breast milk and can cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Baroxime Cv Tab?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Baroxime Cv Tab?
Do not take alcohol when taking this medicine as it can cause facial flushing, nausea, vomiting or a more severe reaction.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine
- You are an alcoholic.
Mode of Action of Baroxime Cv Tab
How Does It Work?
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Cefpodoxime
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Baroxime Cv Tab
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and after meals.
Interactions of Baroxime Cv Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid as it may alter the way your kidney functions.
- If you are taking other medicines like Cyclosporine, Cisplatin, Indomethacin, then inform your doctor as your kidney functions need to be monitored more closely.
Storage and disposal of Baroxime Cv Tab
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place
- Please keep it in original packing in order to protect it from light
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Baroxime Cv Tab
- Symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases (encephalopathy) may occur
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration. If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection to reoccur.
Q: I have the flu, can I take Baroxime Cv Tab?
A: Flu is a common cold which is generally caused by viruses. This medicine only works against bacteria and not viruses. Do not self medicate, as this antibiotic is for severe infections. Seek medical help and follow your doctor's advice.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved