Banocide 50mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Banocide 50 MG Description
Banocide Tablet is used for the treatment of roundworm infections such as filariasis and other infections which can affect various body parts. It contains diethylcarbamazine as the main component tha
t belongs to the class of anti-worm medicine. Banocide works by interfering with different metabolic processes of the parasite causing disease. Banocide Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It is advised to complete the course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor to eradicate the disease.
Uses of Banocide 50 MG
- Filariasis: A worm infection which is characterized by swelling of limbs and area around genitals.
- Toxocariasis: A worm infection which can affect different organs, it mainly spreads through animals.
- Tropical eosinophilia: A worm infection characterized by coughing, wheezing and fever.
- Loiasis: A worm infection of the eye by a worm loa loa characterized by swelling around eyes.
Contraindications of Banocide 50 MG
- If you are allergic to diethylcarbamazine or any other ingredients of Banocide Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or think may be pregnant.
- If you have damaged your eyes due to a worm infection called river blindness.
Side effects of Banocide 50 MG
- Unusual tiredness
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Banocide 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any unusual symptoms after starting the treatment with Banocide Tablet
- You experience any allergic reactions after taking this medicine
- You have a history of convulsions, seizures or fits
- You have an eye disorder called river blindness
- You may be asked to get your eyes checked by an eye doctor
- It is advised not to miss any doses of Banocide Tablet in such a treatment schedule to help clear up your infection completely.
Mode of Action of Banocide 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Banocide 50 MG
- Take Banocide Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you did not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Banocide 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Banocide 50 MG
- Store Banocide Tablet in a closed container at room temperature.
- Keep it in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight, heat and away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly and do not throw them in wastewater.
Dosage of Banocide 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What happens in filariasis?
Q: Is Banocide Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can I take Banocide Tablet if I get worm infestation in my gut?
- Diethylcarbamazine: [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Goodman&Gillman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics (12th Ed). Diethylcarbamazine. [Data on file]
- BANOCIDE / BANOCIDE FORTE (Diethylcarbamazine Citrate Tablets IP) [Internet]. Indiapharmagsk.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]