Azee Dt 200mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
3 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
This product is discontinued
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azee Dt 200 MG Description
Azee Dt Tablet is an antibiotic and is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, skin, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medic
ine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using Azee Dt Tablet inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹5.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Azithromycin(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Azee Dt 200 MG
Azee Dt Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ears, throat, tonsils, airways, lungs and nasal passage, sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections, infections of the urinary system and genital parts in females....
Contraindications of Azee Dt 200 MG
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class as erythromycin or any ingredient of Azee Dt Tablet.
Side effects of Azee Dt 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Azee Dt 200 MG
Can I take Azee Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Azee Dt Tablet, as there is limited safety data available during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Azee Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin is present in breastmilk in low levels, thus please contact your doctor before using Azee Dt Tablet while breastfeeding. If prescribed by a doctor, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azee Dt Tablet?
Azee Dt Tablet may cause dizziness or fits as side effects, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Azee Dt Tablet?
You must avoid consuming alcohol along with Azee Dt Tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Azee Dt Tablet.
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Azee Dt Tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Azee Dt 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin in Azee Dt Tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that cause infection.
Directions for Use of Azee Dt 200 MG
- Azee Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azee Dt 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azee Dt Tablet works, or Azee Dt Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Azee Dt Tablet.
- Medicines used for migraine, and headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Azee Dt 200 MG
- Store Azee Dt Tablet at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Azee Dt 200 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Azee Dt Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Azee Dt Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Azee Dt Tablet?
A: Azee Dt Tablet is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Are there any side effects with Azee Dt Tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, upset stomach, etc while using Azee Dt Tablet.
Q: Can I take Azee Dt Tablet for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to a bacterial or a viral infection. Do not take Azee Dt Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Azee Dt Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Azee Dt Tablet before completing the treatment, as it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: Can I take Azee Dt Tablet for fever?
A: Azee Dt Tablet is an antibiotic and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: What is the composition of Azee Dt Tablet?
A: The composition of Azee Dt Tablet is azithromycin as its active ingredient.
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- AZEE (AZITHROMYCIN) 500MG STRIP OF 5 TABLETS
- AZEE 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- AZEE 200MG PEPPERMINT DRY SYRUP 15ML
- AZEE 500MG STRIP OF 3 TABLETS
- AZEE 250MG TABLET
- AZEE 100MG PEPPERMINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 15ML DRY SYRUP
- AZEE XL 200MG PEPPERMINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- AZEE 500MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- AZEE XL PAPPERMINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- AZEE 200MG PEPPERMINT AND ORANGE FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 15ML ORAL LIQUID
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed