Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azee 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It contains azithromycin as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of various body parts. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection. Azee 500 or any antibiotic medicine should only be used when prescribed, unwanted use of antibiotics can lead to antibiotic resistance and makes them inactive against infection in the future. You should always complete the course of Azee 500 tablets as not doing so can lead to recurrence or relapse of the infection.
Uses of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- For the treatment infection of ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage.
- Sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections.
- Lung infection due to coming in contact with an infected person (CAP) or Pneumonia.
- Infection of genital parts in females or urinary system.
Contraindications of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Known allergy to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class such as Erythromycin. If you are allergic to any other ingredient of Azee 500 tablets.
Side effects of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- Visual impairment
- Stomach pain
- Rashes & Itching
- Abnormal blood count
Precautions and Warnings of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Can I take Azee 500 tablet during pregnancy?
Azee 500 should be used during pregnancy only when prescribed by a doctor due to a lack of proper safety information.
Can I take Azee 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass in breast milk. Breastfeeding is not advised when you are taking this medicine. If it is really necessary to be taken by breastfeeding women, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azee 500 tablet?
Azee 500 is less likely to affect your driving abilities. Avoid driving if you experience visual disturbances.
Can I consume alcohol with Azee 500 tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with Azee 500 tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like stomach upset, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems.
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You experience allergic symptoms such as flushing, swelling, rash, fever, breathing difficulty.
Mode of Action of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Azee 500 tablet acts by inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- Take Azee 500 Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used for migraine headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly with Azee 500 tablet.
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acid levels such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Azee 500 tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride (used to treat symptoms of heartburn or acid reflux).
- Other medicines such as digoxin (used for heart conditions), colchicine (used for the treatment of gout), immunomodulators such as cyclosporin, blood thinners such as warfarin and anti-allergic medicine such as astemizole, should be used cautiously.read less
Storage and disposal of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Store Azee 500 tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Keep out of the reach of children & pets.
Dosage of Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Azee 500 tablet includes diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. In case you have consumed too much of this medicine inform your doctor immediately or reach out to the nearby hospital.
Missed a Dose
Never miss your antibiotic medicine as it can lead to treatment failure and progression of the infection. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azee 500 tablet if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: What are the common side effects of Azee 500?
A: The common side effects of Azee 500 tablets include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach upset, etc.
Q: What is the use of Azee 500?
A: It is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Can I take Azee 500 for fever?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: Can I use Azee 500 tablet for throat infection?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Does Azee 500 cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, it may cause drowsiness and dizziness. However, not everyone gets this side effect.
Q: Is Azee 500 effective in controlling pimples?
A: No, it has no action in controlling pimples and acne. Azee 500 is an antibiotic medicine and should not be used unnecessarily.
Other Variants for
Azee 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- Azee 500 Mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Azee 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Azee 250 Mg Tablet
- Azee 200 Mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15 Ml
- Azee 100 Mg Peppermint Flav Dry Syp
- Azee 500 Mg Injection
- Azee 1 Gm Tablet
- Azee 200 Mg Rediuse Syp
- Azee 500 Mg Dry Syrup 15 Ml
- Azee 100 Mg Rediuse Syp
- Azee 500 Mg Dry Syrup 7 5 Ml
- Azee 500 Mg Eye Drops 3 Ml
Last Updated on: 07 Dec 2020 | 07:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved