Azee (Azithromycin) 500mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Azee 500 MG Description
Azee 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections associated with different parts of the body. It is effective against infection of the chest (pneumonia), sinus, ears, lungs, skin, throat and reproductive organs like gonorrhoea and chlamydia.
Azee 500 tablet contains azithromycin, which is a broad-spectrum antibiotic effective against various bacteria. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection. Azee 500 tablets must be taken as prescribed by a doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of antibiotic medicine for effective treatment. The tablets Azithral 500, Azicip 500, Azax 500, and Azifast 500 also contains azithromycin as their main ingredient.
The common side effects of Azee 500 tablets are nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, stomach pain and headache. However, not everyone gets these side effects. Inform your doctor if these symptoms are severe or do not go away.
You should also be aware that antibiotics are only effective against bacterial infections and not for viral infections like flu or cold. Using an antibiotic unnecessarily can make them ineffective for future infection.
Before starting this tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹17.66 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea, dizziness|
Uses of Azee 500 MG
- Azee 500 tablet is used for treating infection of ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage.
- It is also used in sexually transmitted infections, infections in the urinary tract, genitals, skin and soft tissues.
- This medicine is also used in lung infection due to contact with an infected person (Community-acquired pneumonia) or pneumonia.
Contraindications of Azee 500 MG
Side effects of Azee 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Azee 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems.
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You experience allergic symptoms such as flushing, swelling, rash, fever, breathing difficulty.
Directions for Use of Azee 500 MG
- Azee 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Azee 500 MG
Quick Tips of Azee 500 MG
- Azee 500 tablet is an antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the chest, nose, throat, ear, skin, soft tissue, and certain sexually transmitted infections. It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- You should always complete the entire course of treatment with antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose and do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Azee 500 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with Azee 500 tablet. Antacids should be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after the antibiotic.
- Diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea, and wind (flatulence) can occur as side effects of this medicine. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve even after completing the antibiotic course.
Dosage of Azee 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Azee 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Azee 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azee 500 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used for migraine headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly with Azee 500 tablets.
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acid levels such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Azee 500 tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride (used to treat symptoms of heartburn or acid reflux).Other medicines such as digoxin (used for heart conditions), colchicine (used for the treatment of gout), immunomodulators such as cyclosporin, blood thinners such as warfarin and anti-allergic medicine such as astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azee 500 tablet if I feel better?
Q: What are the common side effects of Azee 500?
Q: What is Azee 500 tablet used for?
Q: Can I take Azee 500 for fever?
Q: Can I use Azee 500 tablet for a throat infection or sore throat?
Q: Does Azee 500 cause drowsiness?
Q: Is Azee 500 effective in controlling pimples?
Q: Almox 500 vs Azee 500, what is the difference?
Q: Is Azee 500 vs Azax 500 the same?
Q: Can Azee 500 be used for a toothache?
Q: What is the dosage of Azee 500 for skin infection?
Q: When should I take Azee 500, before or after food?
Q: Can we take Azee 500 for 3 days?
Q: Can I take Azee 500 for Covid?
Q: How many days should Azee 500 be taken?
Q: Is Azee good for cough?
Q: What is the dose of Azee 500 for adults?
Q: Can I take Azee 500 and paracetamol together?
Q: Are Azee 500 and azithromycin the same?
Q: Is Azee 500 an antibiotic?
Q: Can Azee 500 be taken during pregnancy?
Q: Can Azee cause kidney failure?
Q: Can I take 3 Azee 500 in one day?
Q: Can I take Azee 500 for lactating mother?
Q: Can I take Azee 500 for dengue?
Other Products from this Brand
- AZEE 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- AZEE 250MG TABLET
- AZEE 200MG PEPPERMINT DRY SYRUP 15ML
- AZEE 500MG STRIP OF 3 TABLETS
- AZEE 100MG PEPPERMINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 15ML DRY SYRUP
- AZEE XL 200MG PEPPERMINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- AZEE 500MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- AZEE XL PAPPERMINT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- AZEE 200MG PEPPERMINT AND ORANGE FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 15ML ORAL LIQUID