Azax 500mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
3 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Azax 500 Tablet contains azithromycin. It is a higher antibiotic.
Uses of Azax 500mg Tablet
- For the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage
- Sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections
- Pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with infected person (CAP)
- Infection of urinary system and genital parts in females
Contraindications of Azax 500mg Tablet
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from same class like erythromycin or any ingredient of this medicine,
Side effects of Azax 500mg Tablet
- Dizziness, breathing difficulty, headache, irregular heart beat
- Diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, lack of appetite, fever
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, Swollen throat and lips fever
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in urine
- Swelling of pancreas (pancreatitis), yellowing of the skin (Jaundice)
Precautions and Warnings of Azax 500mg Tablet
Can I take Azax 500 Tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to use this medicine if you are pregnant unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Azax 500 Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in breast milk in small quantities. Breastfeeding is not advised when you are taking this medicine. If it is really necessary to be taken by breastfeeding women, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azax 500 Tablet?
If you observe or experience any side effect like dizziness, fits you should not drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Azax 500 Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like stomach upset, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection
Mode of Action of Azax 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azax 500mg Tablet
- Take it as a whole with sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of the this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azax 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that is used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, medicine used to treat gout like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously.read less
Storage and disposal of Azax 500mg Tablet
It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat, and keep out reach of children. Do not take this medicine after expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Azax 500mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Never miss your antibiotic medicine as it can lead to treatment failure and progression of infection. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azax 500 Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromucin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: What are the common side effects of Azax 500?
A: The common side effects of Azax 500 tablets include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach upset, etc.
Q: What is the use of Azax 500?
A: It is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Can I take Azax 500 for fever?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: Can I use Azax 500 tablet for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Other Variants for
Azax 500mg Tablet
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 03:14 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved