Azax 500mg Tablet
Azax 500 MG Description
Azax 500 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections associated with various parts of the body. It is an antibiotic medicine. This tablet contains azithromycin as an active medicine. Azi
thromycin inhibits the growth of infection-causing bacteria, thus preventing the spread of infection. This should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take Azax 500 with meals to avoid stomach upset. Always complete the course of treatment with this medicine, else may result in treatment failure. Some side effects such as headache, stomach pain, nausea, rash and weakness may be experienced while using tab Azax 500. In case you experience any discomfort or too many side effects while using this medicine, contact your doctor immediately. Before using the Azax 500 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹10.74 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, diarrhoea|
Uses of Azax 500 MG
- Azax 500 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage.
- Sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections.
- Pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with an infected person (CAP).
- Infection of the urinary system and genital parts in females.
Contraindications of Azax 500 MG
Side effects of Azax 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Lack of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Azax 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Azax 500 tablet.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems.
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty or any other infection.
Directions for Use of Azax 500 MG
- Azax 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Azax 500 MG
Dosage of Azax 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Azax 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Azax 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Azax 500 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with the Azax 500 tablet.
- Medicines used for migraines, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that is used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout-\like Colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azax 500 tablet if I feel better?
Q: I am allergic to Clarithromycin, can I take Azithromycin?
Q: What are the common side effects of Azax 500?
Q: What is the use of Azax 500?
Q: Can I take Azax 500 for fever?
Q: Can I use Azax 500 tablet for throat infection or cough?
Q: Does Azax 500 cause thrush?
Q: Is Azax 500 a strong antibiotic?
Q: Can Azax 500 tablet be used to treat tooth infection?
Q: When should I take Azax 500?
Q: Is Azax and azithromycin are same?
Q: Can I take Azax 500 for a throat infection?
Q: Can we take Azax 500 for 3 days?
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- JAMP-AZITHROMYCIN Tablets [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Azithromycin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Azithromycin 500mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]