Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azithral 500 Tablet is an antibiotic. The active ingredient of this medication is Azithromycin. It is used to treat many bacterial infections associated with different parts of body. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection. You should always take this medicine for the prescribed duration for the effective infection control. Do not take this medicine on your own for any kind of infection. Antibiotics are only effective against bacterial infection using them unnecessarily can lead antibiotic resistance and it can also harm beneficial bacteria present in the body.
Uses of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
- Azithral 500 Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways, nasal passage, skin and soft tissue.
- It is also used for the treatment of enteric fever and pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with infected person (CAP).
Contraindications of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from same class like erythromycin or any ingredient of Azithral 500 mg tablet.
Side effects of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
- Dizziness, breathing difficulty, headache, irregular heart beat
- Diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, lack of appetite, fever
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, Swollen throat and lips fever
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in urine
- Swelling of pancreas (pancreatitis), yellowing of the skin (Jaundice)
Precautions and Warnings of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
Can I take Azithral 500 Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited data regarding the safety of Azithral 500 Tablet in pregnant women. Hence it is important to consult a doctor and should use this medication only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Azithral 500 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Constituents of Azithral 500 Tablet passes in breast milk in small quantities and may cause rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in the breastfed baby. Hence it is not advised to use this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azithral 500 Tablet?
Azithral 500 Tablet is not known to affect the driving ability of the patient. However, side effects like blurred vision and dizziness may be experienced while using this medicine. Hence, it is advised to avoid driving if you experience any such side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Azithral 500 Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with Azithral 500 Tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like stomach upset, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Azithral 500 mg tablet.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental health problems.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection.
Mode of Action of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
How Does It Work?
Azithral 500 Tablet by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
- Azithral 500 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
Interactions with other medicines
- Azithral 500 mg tablets may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Azithral 500 mg tablets.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly along with this tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking this tablet concomitantly along with medicines like cisapride that is used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicines used during heart failure like digoxin, medicines used to treat gout like colchicine, immune system modifying medicines like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used with caution along with Azithral 500 mg tablets.read less
Storage and disposal of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
- Store Azithral 500 mg tablets in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Azithral 500mg Tab 5' S
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Azithral 500 mg tablets.
Missed a Dose
- Never miss your antibiotic medicine as it can lead to treatment failure and progression of infection.
- If you missed any dose of Azithral 500 mg tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azithral 500 Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, Azithral 500 tablet may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromucin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: What are the common side effects of Azithral 500?
A: The common side effects of Azithral 500 tablets include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach upset, etc.
Q: What is the use of Azithral 500?
A: It is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Can I take Azithral 500 for fever?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: Can I use Azithral 500 tablet for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Does Azithral 500mg treat acne?
A: Acne occurs due to various reasons, and the treatment varies as per the cause and other factors influencing this condition. Hence, it is advised to use this medicine only when prescribed by the doctor and avoid self-medication.
Q: How should I take Azithral 500 mg tablet?
A: Take Azithral 500 mg tablet as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
Other Products from this Brand
- Azithral 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Azithral 500 Mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab 5 S
- Azithral 100 Mg Bottle Of 15 Ml Liquid
- Azithral 200 Mg Liquid 15 Ml
- Azithral 250 Mg Tablet
- Azithral 1 Eye Oint 5 Gm
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tablet 3 S
- Azithral 250 Dt 10 S
- Azithral Eye Drops
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab 10
- Azithral Junior Drops
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab
- Azithral 500 Mg Injection
Last Updated on: 12 Feb 2021 | 12:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved