Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler Description
Avessa Metered-Dose Inhaler contains fluticasone and formoterol which are packed as a suspension in a canister for an inhaler device. This inhaler should be used as explained by your doctor for the t
reatment of breathing difficulties due to asthma and other chest conditions where there is a narrowing of airways due to long term inflammation of the airways and lining of lungs (COPD).
|You Save||₹104.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fluticasone(250.0 Mcg) + Formoterol(6.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Breathing difficulties due to narrowing of the airways (COPD) and asthma|
|Side effects||Headache, thrush, sore throat|
Uses of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Contraindications of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- If you are allergic to fluticasone, formoterol or any ingredients listed in this medicine.
- If you have an intolerance to certain sugars (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Yellowish white coatings or patches on the tongue, mouth or throat (thrush)
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Infections of sinus, respiratory infections
- A dry mouth
- Altered taste sensation
- Shakiness of hands
- Eyesight disturbances
- Muscle cramps
- Increased heart rate
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Other General Warnings
- You have a thyroid disease or you are diabetic.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart diseases.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You have eye problems like glaucoma or cataract.
- You have disorders related to the immune system, kidney or liver.
- You are taking any other steroid medicines orally or an injectable.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
Mode of Action of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Learn the proper technique of using Avessa Metered-Dose Inhaler from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- The medicine is packed in the inhaler and you need to puff it through your mouth deep into your airways.
Interactions of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Avessa Metered-Dose Inhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines to treat fungal and bacterial infections (ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin) and antiviral medicines (ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products) may worsen the side effects if given along with this inhaler....
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, the use of inhalers should be done judiciously as it may add up to side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Avessa 250/6mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Avessa Metered-Dose Inhaler contain steroids?
- Yes, Avessa Metered-Dose Inhaler contains a steroid medicine that is very effective in improving the symptoms of breathing difficulties due to asthma. Inhaled steroids have comparatively lesser side effects than steroid tablets or injections....
Q: What precautions should I take while using Avessa Metered-Dose Inhaler?
- Make sure you always keep Avessa Metered-Dose Inhaler with you.
- Get a new refill/inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in the correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using an inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Ciplamed. Maxiflo [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Fluticasone+Formoterol - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO.Fluticasone+Formoterol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Breathefree breathefree.com Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]