Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Atorlip-F tablet is a combination medicine. It is used to lower the increased bad cholesterol and triglyceride present in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes in patients having
normal liver and kidney function. It contains atorvastatin and fenofibrate as active ingredients. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and fenofibrate works by the breakdown of triglyceride fat present in the blood thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing strokes and heart attacks. Nausea, loose motion or constipation, cold, joint pain or muscle pain, headache, indigestion are some of the side effects of using this medicine. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Atorvastatin, Fenofibrate or any other ingredients of Atorlip-F tablet.
- If you have severe kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you have gallbladder disease.
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
Side effects of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Loose motion
- Joint pain or muscle pain
- Stomach pain or back pain
- Urinary tract infection
- Muscle spasm
Precautions and Warnings of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a recent history of stroke.
- You have liver disease or had liver problems after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney problems due to muscle injury caused due to this medicine.
- You have muscle pain or muscle weakness with or without a fever after taking this medicine.
- You have diabetes or underactive thyroid.
- You have gallstone after taking this medicine.
- You have allergy or swelling of lips, face, throat or tongue after taking this medicine.
- You have a fever or rash after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Atorlip-F tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Atorlip-F tablet with medicines such as Niacin, clarithromycin, itraconazole and medicines from the HIV protease inhibitors group of medicine can cause muscle problems.
- Concomitant use of Atorlip-F tablet with other medicines such as Warfarin increases the action of warfarin.
- Medicines such as Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Diltiazem, Itraconazole, Glecaprevir and Pibrentasvir or Elbasvir and Grazoprevir can cause an increase in the blood level of Atorlip-F tablet when taken together....
- Medicines such as efavirenz, rifampin can cause a decrease in the blood level of Atorlip-F tablets when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of Atorlip-F with medicines such as Cyclosporine, Tacrolimus can cause kidney problems.
- Discuss it with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Atorlip F tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Atorlip F 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of tAtorlip-F then take it as soon as you remember it. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.