Anxozap 10mg Tablet
Anxozap 10 MG Description
Anxozap is a prescription medication. The active ingredient of Anxozap is Oxazepam. Treating short-term, severe anxiety, and symptoms of alcohol withdrawal are some of the uses of Anxozap 10 mg. O
xazepam belongs to the benzodiazepine group of medicines. It is a short-acting medication that acts on the brain to produce calming, sedating effects, hence its application in treating anxiety. The medication should be taken as recommended by your treating physician. It is generally advisable to take the tablet at the same time every day as this ensures the best action of the medication. Taking this medication strictly as recommended by your doctor is vital as it has habit forming tendencies. Do not stop the usage of this medication abruptly, as it may result in withdrawal reactions that may be serious. This drug is considered unsafe during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Discuss with your doctor for more information regarding the side effects of Anxozap 10 mg and the use of this medication during pregnancy. If you’re planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding, inform your doctor about the same.
|You Save||₹15.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Short term treatment of severe anxiety, Alcohol withdrawal|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, tiredness, dizziness, difficulty concentrating, lethargy, memory impairment, slurring of speech, loss of libido, menstrual irregularities, potential to develop dependence.|
Uses of Anxozap 10 MG
- Short term treatment of severe anxiety
- Alcohol withdrawal
Contraindications of Anxozap 10 MG
- Hypersensitivity to Oxazepam
- Certain medical conditions like Myasthenia gravis, psychosis, lung insufficiency, sleep apnoea syndrome, severe liver failure
- Use this medicine with a lot of caution in debilitated and elderly patients at risk of falling.
- Use cautiously in elderly patients.
Side effects of Anxozap 10 MG
- Drowsiness, sedation
- Slurring of speech
- Muscle weakness
- Blurring of vision
- Memory impairment
- Decreased libido
Precautions and Warnings of Anxozap 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- Talk to your doctor if you have a history of addiction or substance misuse.
Mode of Action of Anxozap 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Anxozap 10 MG
- This medication should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- It is recommended to take this medication on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time every day, for optimal pharmacological effects of this medication.
- Swallow this medication whole. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
- Abrupt stoppage of Anxozap can cause withdrawal side effects. Consult your doctor before stopping this medication.
- Driving/ use of heavy machinery is not advised while using this medication.
- Do not mix alcohol with this medication, as it can be life-threatening.
- This medication has habit-forming tendencies; hence, following your physician’s directions precisely and getting regular checkups is recommended.
- Use cautiously in patients at risk of falling and in debilitated patients.
- Use cautiously in patients who are at risk of falling and in debilitated patients.
Interactions of Anxozap 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use with CNS depressants, like other benzodiazepines, anti-psychotics hypnotics, sedatives, anti-depressants, narcotic analgesics, anaesthetic agents, alcohol, is contraindicated may cause severe CNS effects like severe sedation respiratory depression....
- When used concurrently, oestrogen-containing contraceptives can cause a decrease in the blood levels of oxazepam.
- Rifampicin may increase the metabolism of oxazepam.
- Concurrent use with BP medications can cause enhanced hypotensive effects.
- Concurrent use with benzodiazepines may decrease the therapeutic effects of levodopa.
Interactions with food items
- This medication does not have any interaction with food items.
Storage and disposal of Anxozap 10 MG
Dosage of Anxozap 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)