Antiflu 75mg Capsule
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Antiflu Capsule is an antiviral medicine and contains oseltamivir as an active ingredient. It is used to treat and prevent the symptoms of influenza in adults and children. Influenza is a flu-like respiratory disorder characterised by dry cough, fever, headache, runny nose, sore throat and chills. This medicine is used to treat uncomplicated influenza during an influenza pandemic.
Uses of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
- To prevent influenza in adults and children above 14 years.
Contraindications of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Abnormal liver function test
- Increase in blood sugar level
- Severe allergic reactions like swelling of face or tongue
Precautions and Warnings of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
Can I take Antiflu Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Antiflu Capsule while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk in a small amount. It does not cause any adverse effects in a breastfed baby. So it is safe to breastfeed during the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Antiflu Capsule?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, then avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Antiflu Capsule?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience serious allergic reactions like Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, then treatment should be stopped immediately.
- You have a heart disorder and a low immune system.
- You have a kidney problem.
- You experience symptoms like hallucination, sleeplessness, suicidal thoughts, etc, then the doctor may change the medicine or adjust the dose accordingly and the patient needs to be monitored closely.
Mode of Action of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Neuraminidase is the enzyme that enables the virus to enter the uninfected cells and release of virus particles. This results in the infection and symptoms of influenza. This medicine acts by stopping the growth of the important enzyme, Neuraminidase, thus treating influenza and reducing its symptoms.
Directions for Use of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
- Take this medicine as instructed by your physician
- It can be taken with or without food
Interactions of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- It should not be used along with the live vaccine, there should be a gap of 2 weeks before and 48 hours after the use of this medicine.
- You should inform the doctor regarding any other medicine or supplement that you are using before using this medicine to avoid any unknown medicine interactions.
Storage and disposal of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Antiflu 75mg Capsule
- Symptoms of overdose are usually the same as adverse effects.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and experience any of such symptoms, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one. If you have missed the dose, then take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, then it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment. Also, there will be more chance of reoccurrence of flu.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved