Anleo 40mg Tablet
By A N PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Anleo 40mg Tab contains the active substance Pantoprazole that belongs to a group of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," medications that reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Uses of Anleo 40mg Tab
- Pantoprazole is used in adults and adolescents of 12 years of age or above for the treatment of symptoms like heartburn, acid regurgitation (sensation of acid in your throat or mouth), pain while swallowing that is caused due to gastro-oesophageal reflux diseaseread less
- In the treatment of reflux oesophagitis (inflammation of oesophagus with regurgitation of acid in the stomach)
- In adults, it is used to prevent small intestine and stomach ulcers that are caused by long term use of painkillers called NSAIDs e.g., Ibuprofen
Contraindications of Anleo 40mg Tab
- You are allergic to Pantoprazole, or any other proton pump inhibitors
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are on a medicine called Rilpivirine
Side effects of Anleo 40mg Tab
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Polyps in stomach
- Bloating and flatulence
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain and discomfort
- Sleep disorders
- Skin rash, rash with fever, redness or inflamed skin, itchy skin
- Fracture of the hip, wrist or spine
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Anleo 40mg Tab
Can I take Anleo 40mg Tab during pregnancy?
A moderate amount of data indicates that the use of Anleo 40mg Tab in pregnant women does not affect the baby; however this medicine is preferred to be avoided during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you should use this medicine only if your doctor considers the benefit for you are more significant than the potential risk to your unborn baby.
Can I take Anleo 40mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Anleo 40mg Tab can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to take medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Anleo 40mg Tab?
Anleo 40mg Tab has a negligible influence on the ability to drive. If you experience side effects like dizziness or disturbed vision, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Anleo 40mg Tab?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Pantoprazole does not affect the way this medicine works; however, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems
- You are taking NSAIDs (painkillers)
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 (like Cobalamin). This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- On exposure to sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (SCLE)
Mode of Action of Anleo 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity.
Directions for Use of Anleo 40mg Tab
- Anleo 40mg Tab must be taken as directed by your doctor
- The medicine is taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach
- Do not chew or break the pill, swallow with a whole glass of water
Interactions of Anleo 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Medicines given in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate
Interactions with food items
- Pantoprazole should preferably be taken on an empty stomach
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages
- However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process
Storage and disposal of Anleo 40mg Tab
- Anleo 40mg Tab does not require any special conditions for storage
- To be stored away from sunlight and also keep away from the reach of children
Dosage of Anleo 40mg Tab
There are no known symptoms of overdose. If you have taken too much dose of this medicine, seek medical help or call doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: I have been taking Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies
Last Updated on: 30 Nov 2019 | 09:14 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved