Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Amtas AT 25 tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It is used to manage high blood pressure and angina pectoris. Angina pectoris is a condition characterized by chest pain, tightness and squee
zing in the chest radiating towards the shoulders, arms and neck. Amtas AT 25 tablet contains a combination of amlodipine and atenolol as active substances. It works by lowering the blood pressure, heart rate and contractility of heart muscles. Patients with kidney and liver function problems and the elderly should be very cautious while taking this medicine. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Amtas AT 25 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform about all the medicines and supplements you take.
|You Save||₹12.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Atenolol(25.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, heart-related chest pain|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, tiredness|
Uses of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amlodipine, atenolol or any of the ingredients of Amtas AT 25 tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have heart-related diseases.
- If you have a blood circulation problem that affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumor in the adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disorders.
- You experience that your heart condition is getting worse.
- You have high or low blood sugar levels.
- You are suffering from respiratory tract infections like asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You develop a thyroid disorder during treatment with Amtas AT 25 tablet.
- You are above 60 years.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amtas AT 25 tablet works by the combined action of atenolol and amlodipine.
- Atenolol works by blocking certain natural chemicals in your body, like epinephrine, which ultimately helps in lowering heart rate and blood pressure and decreases strain on the heart.
- Amlodipine works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby allowing easy blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Amtas AT 25 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, cut or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take the medicine at a fixed time for better blood pressure control.
- Do not consume more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Amtas AT 25 tablet works or this medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like immunosuppressants (such as cyclosporine), medicines for heart and brain-related disorders, muscle relaxants, cholesterol-lowering medicines, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicines, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Amtas AT 25 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
- You should try not to miss a dose of Amtas AT 25 tablet as it can lead to fluctuations in your blood pressure. However, if you missed a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Amtas AT 25 tablet?
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription.
- Restrict salt intake in your diet.
- Follow a low-carb, low-fat diet.
- Do regular exercise for 30- 40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.