Amloz H Tablet
By SHREYA LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amloz H Tablet is a combination medicine. It contains amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure not controlled by monotherapy (individual components). This medicine works by the combined action of its two components, it relaxes the blood vessels and helps in removing the unwanted salt and water from the body. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and it is very important to take your anti-hypertensive medicines on time along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications. Consult your doctor for more information on this....
|You Save||₹11.36 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg),Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, sleepiness, abdominal pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)
8 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Amloz H Tablet
Uses of Amloz H Tablet
For the treatment of high blood pressure
Contraindications of Amloz H Tablet
- Known allergy to Amlodipine or Hydrochlorthiazide or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have anuria (not passing urine or passing urine less than 100ml in a day).
- If you suffer from heart failure after a heart attack, extremely low blood pressure, narrowing of a heart valve.
- If you are suffering from cardiogenic shock 9a condition in which your heart is not able to pump sufficient blood).
Side effects of Amloz H Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular blood count
Precautions and Warnings of Amloz H Tablet
Can I take Amloz H Tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine is not established in pregnancy and hence it should not be taken during pregnancy to avoid undesirable effects. Consult your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
Can I take Amloz H Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breast milk. To avoid possible harm to the baby avoid taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding or discontinue breastfeeding if the treatment with this medicine is considered essential by the doctor. This decision should be taken by your treating doctor do not do self-analysis of your condition.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amloz H Tablet?
If you are unable to stay alert and have visual disturbances, headache or dizziness after taking this medicine, please avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Amloz H Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with this medicine. Alcohol consumption while taking this medicine can lead to excessive low blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney related condition.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You have heart failure, as it should be used with caution.
- You are an elderly, special attention is required for an elderly patient.
- You are already taking any blood pressure-lowering medicine.
- You are dehydrated or passing too much urine, vomiting and have excessive diarrhoea.
- You are diabetic and taking anti-diabetic medicine or insulin.
- This medicine may interfere with the laboratory test results of certain tests, tell your doctor or laboratory personnel.
- This medicine may lead to salt or electrolyte imbalance, patients should be monitored closely.
Mode of Action of Amloz H Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Amloz H Tablet works by the combined action of Amlodipine and Hydrochlorthiazide. Amlodipine works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reduces the blood pressure inside them
- Hydrochlorthiazide acts by removing excess fluid and salt from the body by increasing the urine output thus help reduce blood volume and pressure. It also reduces the load on the heart.
Directions for Use of Amloz H Tablet
- Take Amloz H Tablet as per your doctor's prescription.
- Try to take it at the same time every day for effective results.
Interactions of Amloz H Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Simvastatin(used to lower cholesterol levels), Tacrolimus and Cyclosporin (immunomodulators) may interact with this medicine and may require dose reduction.
- Blood pressure-lowering effect of Amloz H Tablet is enhanced by certain medicines acting on the brain, antifungals(azoles) and antibiotics (erythromycin or clarithromycin) can lead to excessive low blood pressure....
- Certain medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as Cholestyramine and Colestipol if taken along with Amloz H Tablet can reduce its absorption and reduce its desired action.
- Steroidal medicines if taken along with this medicine can lead to salt imbalances particularly reduced potassium levels.
- Anti-inflammatory or painkiller medicines can reduce the blood pressure-lowering action of this medicine and the patient needs to be monitored closely.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or herbal preparation if you are taking currently or might take.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit and Grapefruit juice
Dosage of Amloz H Tablet
An overdose of this medicine can lead to salt imbalance and dehydration due to excessive urination, fast heartbeat and shock. Reach out to your treating doctor or nearby hospital as soon as possible. Try to carry the strip of the medicine for easy analysis and extend of overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of your blood pressure-lowering medicine. If you happen to miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it's already time for your next dose. Do not take two doses together to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Amloz H Tablet?
A: Amloz H Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure along with diet and lifestyle modifications.
Q: When should I take Amloz H Tablet?
A: You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. For effective blood pressure control try to take this medicine at the same time every day and do not miss any dose of this medicine.
Q: Can I take other supplements for controlling my blood pressure along with Amloz H Tablet?
A: No, you should not take other agents for controlling blood pressure along with this medicine, you should always consult your doctor before taking any other medicine, supplement or herbals while you are on this medicine.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.