Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlovas-5 Tablet contains Amlodipine as its active ingredient. It is an antihypertensive medicine used for high blood pressure, irregular heart rate, chest pain (angina). Amlopdipine works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus reducing the pressure on the heart muscles. It is known as calcium channel blocker medicine. You should follow dietary changes, restrict salt intake and stay active, along with this medicine to gain optimum effect. While starting this medicine you may experience dizziness, headache for initial few days, later it might resolve on its own. Always take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Abrupt stopping will result in serious health consequences such as sudden chest pain, irregular heartbeat characterized as hypertensive crisis.
Uses of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Amlovas-5 Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and a heart condition such as type of chest pain (Angina)
Contraindications of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or any other ingredients of Amlovas-5 Tablet
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you have abnormal narrowing of aorta heart valve (Aortic stenosis)
- If you are suffering from a condition where your heart is unable to supply blood to your body (Cardiogenic Shock)
- If you are suffering from heart failure after a heart attack
Side effects of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs (Oedema or fluid retention)
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats (palpitation)
- Stomach ache
- Feeling sick
- Muscle cramps
- Vision problems
Precautions and Warnings of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Amlovas-5 Tablet during pregnancy?
- There limited data available about the safe of use Amlovas-5 Tablet during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine, if there is no safe alternative, after assessing the need and benefit. Please inform your doctor if you happen to become pregnant while you are taking this medicine.read less
Can I take Amlovas-5 Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Amlodipine passes into breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known.
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlovas-5 Tablet?
If you feel sick, dizzy, tired or have a headache, you should be cautious while driving, especially at the start of the treatment. You should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Amlovas-5 Tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise the blood pressure; hence, caution is advised. You should avoid drinking of alcohol. Also, alcohol may make you feel more dizzy and increase side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease
- You recently had a heart attack or heart failure
- You are elderly
- You are suffering from a severe increase in blood pressure
- You may suffer from heart attack, or your chest pain could worsen, when you start taking this medicine, however, this happens rarely.
Mode of Action of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amlovas-5 Tablet works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass through the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure
- It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to heart muscle and relieves chest pain
Directions for Use of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Amlovas-5 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat fungal infection like Ketoconazole, medicine used to treat heart problems like Verapamil any antibiotic like Rifampicin, antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin when coadministered with amlodipine affect the way amlodipine is eliminated through the body.read less
- Concomitant administration of amlodipine and clarithromycin may lead to drastic drop in blood pressure levels.
- Medicine used to treat HIV infection like Ritonavir, when used along with amlodipine, leads to faster elimination of amlodipine from the body lowering its concentration in the blood.
- When amlodipine is coadministered with medicines used to decrease cholesterol level like Simvastatin, it leads to increased blood concentration of cholesterol lowering medicines.
- Medicines used to increase your immune system like Tacrolimus when administered along with amlodipine possess a risk of accumulation in the body.
- Concomitant use of medicine like Ciclosporin suppress your immune system and amlodipine should be used with caution in patients with kidney problems.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
You should not take grapefruit juice and grapefruit when consuming Amlovas-5 Tablet as these can cause decrease in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from, heat and light
- Keep away from children and pets
- Check the expiry date before taking the medicine and do not use the medicine after the expiry date
Dosage of Amlovas 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Excess of Amlovas-5 Tablet can cause lowering of blood pressure, fainting, slow, fast or irregular heartbeat, dizziness. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to take any dose of Amlovas-5 Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will my fertility decrease or affected after taking Amlovas-5 Tablet?
A: Animal studies show that this medicine does not affect fertility in both genders in rats. .
Q: Will I suffer from cancer after taking Amlovas-5 Tablet?
A: No, Amlovas-5 Tablet does not cause cancer.
Q: Is it safe to give Amlovas-5 Tablet to children?
A: The effectiveness and harmful effects of Amlovas-5 Tablet are not tested in children below 6 years. However, this medicine is effective in reducing the raised blood pressure in children above 6 years and in adolescents.
Q: Are there any harmful effects of Amlovas-5 Tablet in elderly people?
A: The chances of problems related to liver, heart and kidney are high in elderly people. Also, there is a high risk of low blood pressure in these individuals. Hence, Amlovas-5 Tablet should be administered in low dosage in elderly people.
Q: Can I stop taking Amlovas-5 Tablet after blood pressure comes to normal?
A: No, do not stop taking Amlovas-5 Tablet suddenly as it may result in chest pain or sudden rise in the blood pressure.
Q: When should I take Amlovas-5 Tablet?
A: Take Amlovas-5 Tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably at day time and also at fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Mar 2021 | 09:24 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved