Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlopin 5 MG Description
Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Amlodipine, which belongs to the class of medicines named calcium channel blockers. It used for certain heart related disorders and high blood pressure. Side
effects like weakness, dizziness, stomach ache, indigestion can be experienced while using this medicine. Incase if you experience too many side effects or any discomfort due to this medication contact your doctor immediately.
|You Save||₹3.75 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Amlopin 5 MG
Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used to treat high blood pressure and a type of chest pain (Angina).
Contraindications of Amlopin 5 MG
- Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass from the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure. It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to the heart muscle and prevents chest pain....
Side effects of Amlopin 5 MG
- Feeling sick
- Stomach ache
- Muscle cramps
- Vision problems
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats (palpitation)
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs (Oedema or fluid retention)
Precautions and Warnings of Amlopin 5 MG
Can I take Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
The safety of Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy is not known. Use in pregnancy is only recommended if there is no safe alternative Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine.
Can I take Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Amlodipine passes into breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets may affect your ability to drive. If you feel sick, dizzy, tired or have a headache, you should be cautious while driving, especially at the start of the treatment
Can I consume alcohol with Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure; hence, caution is advised. You should avoid binge drinking of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease
- You recently had a heart attack or heart failure
- You are elderly
- You are suffering from a severe increase in blood pressure
- You may suffer from a heart attack, or your chest pain could worsen, when you start taking this medicine, however, this happens rarely
Directions for Use of Amlopin 5 MG
- Take Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets as directed by the doctor
- It can be taken with or even without food
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water
- Take the tablet as a whole, do not chew or crush it
Interactions of Amlopin 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole, medicines used to treat heart-related disorder like Verapamil with this medicine can increase the risk of low blood pressure as they increase the effect of Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets. ...
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines should not be used together with Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets as they increase the risk of side effects.
- The effect of Tacrolimus, a medicine used to reduce immune response and medicine used to lower cholesterol, is increased when used together with this medicine and may result in toxicity.
- Dantrolene, a muscle relaxant when used together with this medicine, may lower the potassium levels.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice should not be consumed along with Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets, as these can cause a drastic drop in your blood pressure.
- If your doctor has advised you a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Storage and disposal of Amlopin 5 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place
- Keep away from children
- Check the expiry date before taking medicine and do not use the medicine after the expiry date
Dosage of Amlopin 5 MG
- You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting and weakness.
- There are chances of excessive lowering of blood pressure.
- You may become unconscious, and your skin may be cold and clammy.
- If you feel you have taken too much of this medicine, consult the doctor immediately or visit a hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember if there is sufficient time left for the next scheduled dose.
- If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor, and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: Is there any special diet that I need to follow while taking Amlopin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: Yes, your doctor may advise you a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause severe complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain, and eyes.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed