Stamlo 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Stamlo 5 tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains amlodipine as the active substance. This tablet is also used for the treatment of angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It works by relaxing the blood vessels and improving the blood flow, which reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Take this medicine in doses and duration as suggested by the doctor. You can take this medicine with or without food. It would be best if you take this medicine at the same time every day to gain optimal benefits. Inform your doctor if you recently had a heart attack or are suffering from heart failure. Never stop taking the medicine on your own, even if you start feeling better....
Uses of Stamlo 5 MG
Stamlo 5 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and a type of chest pain (angina).
Contraindications of Stamlo 5 MG
- If you are allergic to amlodipine or any other ingredients of Stamlo 5 tablet.
- If you have very low blood pressure or heart-related conditions such as stenosis, cardiogenic shock, or heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Stamlo 5 MG
- Swelling of the feet, ankles and legs
Precautions and Warnings of Stamlo 5 MG
Can I take Stamlo 5 tablet during pregnancy?
There is no information available about the effect of Stamlo 5 tablet during pregnancy. You should inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Stamlo 5 tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Stamlo 5 tablet pass into human breast milk. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before initiating the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Stamlo 5 tablet?
You may feel dizzy, tired, or have a headache after taking Stamlo 5 tablet. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Stamlo 5 tablet?
There is limited information regarding the interaction of Stamlo 5 tablets with alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Stamlo 5 tablets.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying health condition related to the liver and kidneys.
- You have heart-related conditions or recently had a heart attack or heart failure.
- You are elderly.
Mode of Action of Stamlo 5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Stamlo 5 tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass through the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
- It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to the heart muscle and prevents chest pain due to angina.
Directions for Use of Stamlo 5 MG
- Stamlo 5 tablet should be taken with sufficient water with or without food.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal blood pressure control.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time each day for optimal results.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet.
Interactions of Stamlo 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should not be consumed along with Stamlo 5 tablet, as these can cause a drop in your blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Stamlo 5 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Stamlo 5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include dizziness, lightheadedness, and a drop in blood pressure. Seek immediate medical help in case of an overdose of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of this medicine can lead to a rise in blood pressure and should be avoided. If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Stamlo 5 tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs. Follow up with your doctor regularly.
Q: What lifestyle modifications I should make to control my blood pressure?
A: You should take your medicine regularly at the same time. In addition to that, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a healthy diet, low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day and reducing alcohol consumption and taking a pause on smoking habits. White salt should be replaced with Himalayan or rock salt.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. High blood pressure and heart failure are critical health conditions, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels.
Q: Does the Stamlo 5 tablet cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain is not a common side effect of the Stamlo 5 tablet. There might be water retention that leads to swelling on the legs and ankles which may mimic weight gain. Consult the doctor if you feel you are gaining weight while on the medicine.
Q: What is Stamlo 5 used for?
A: Stamlo 5 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure. It is also used for the treatment of angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart).
Q: Does Stamlo 5 decrease the heart rate?
A: Yes, Stamlo 5 tablet may decrease the heart rate. Talk to your doctor if you have any heart-related conditions like a lower than normal heart rate.
- CORVADIL [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Amlodipine 10 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Amlodipine 10 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- LactMed - Amlodipine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.