Amlod L Tablet
By ACRON PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlod L Tablet Description
Amlod L Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains amlodipine and lisinopril as its main components that belongs to an anti-hypertensive class of medi
cines. It helps to reduce blood pressure and thus reduces the chances of future heart attack and stroke. Take Amlod L Tablet in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor, along with other lifestyle modifications, can help you control your blood pressure better. You should also inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
|You Save||₹8.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Lisinopril(5.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, cough, diarrhoea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Lisinopril(5.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Amlod L Tablet
For treatment of mild to moderate hypertension.
Contraindications of Amlod L Tablet
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine, lisinopril or any other ingredients of Amlod L Tablet.
- If you are pregnant (second and third trimesters).
- If you have a history of serious allergic reaction called angioedema (recurrent episodes of swelling).
- If you have diabetes or kidney dysfunction and you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicine like aliskiren.
- If you have any kind of heart problems, including cardiogenic shock.
- If you have a condition of low blood pressure.
Side effects of Amlod L Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Amlod L Tablet
Can I take Amlod L Tablet during pregnancy?
Amlod L Tablet must be avoided during pregnancy as it may possibly cause harm to the unborn baby. If you are pregnant, think you may be or are planning to have a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Amlod L Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited safety data available about the use of this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, it is essential to consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlod L Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, headache, tiredness, etc., as a side effect. Thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Amlod L Tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol along with this combination medicine. However, excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure. Hence, caution is advised. Individuals with high blood pressure should avoid binge drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any symptoms associated with low blood pressure.
- You have any kidney-related problems.
- You experience allergic reactions such as swelling of the face, lips, tongues, etc.
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition such as heart problems, liver problems, etc.
- You experience non-product persistent cough during the treatment.
- You may develop kidney failure or diabetes due to a high level of potassium level in the blood during the treatment.
- You are elderly. Caution is advised while changing the dose for the elderly.
- You are diabetic and taking anti-diabetic medicines. Close monitoring is advised during the first month of treatment with Amlod L.
Mode of Action of Amlod L Tablet
How Does It Work?
Amlodipine and lisinopril work by relaxing the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass through the blood vessels and lowering the blood pressure. It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to the heart muscle and prevents chest pain due to angina....
Directions for Use of Amlod L Tablet
- Amlod L Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amlod L Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Amlod L Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, water pills, mood disorders-related medicines like lithium, NSAIDs, anti-psychotic medicines, nerve-related medicines, anti-diabetic medicines and immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, etc....
- Avoid taking this medicine along with grapefruit juice, as it may enhance the blood pressure-lowering effect of Amlod L.
Storage and disposal of Amlod L Tablet
- Store Amlod L Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Amlod L Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, irregular heartbeat, palpitations, anxiety, cough, etc. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Amlod L Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose. Missing a dose of this medicine can lead to a rise in blood pressure and should be avoided....
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Amlod L Tablet?
A: The composition of Amlod L Tablet consists of a combination of amlodipine and lisinopril as its main components that belongs to an anti-hypertensive class of medicines.
Q: What is the use of Amlod L Tablet?
A: Amlod L Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby slowing the heart rate.
Q: When should I take Amlod L Tablet?
A: You should take Amlod L Tablet exactly as told by your doctor. It can be taken at any time of the day with or without food. But try to make sure it's around the same time every day for optimum results.
Q: Is Amlod L Tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, it is not a blood thinner.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed